cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely fusterated

Amanda24f
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to port my number over to public mobile, upon registering, only option is to select a phone number public mobile offers and it keeps asking me over and over on a loop to verify security code

3 REPLIES 3

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Amanda24f 

Did you choose a Public Mobile phone # and complete the activation? Are you trying to log into your account when you recieve the verification text message?

This is a one time verification text sent to the phone # being used at activation. Put the PM Sim card in your phone and reboot. If activated and provisioned correctly you should have full services (incoming/outgoing texts, calls and mobile data). You should be able to recieve the verification text to access your account.

If you don't have full working services or no service on your Sim card you will need to contact customer support to properly provision your Sim card to your account before you can recieve the verification text and login.

Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right to submit a ticket or send a private message to customer support by clicking below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Once you can login you can port in as per @hTideGnow instructions. Don't forget to put your old Sim card back in your phone to reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes of receiving it. Once your port completes make sure you update your eversafe ID with your ported phone #.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Amanda24f 

are you using the app?  there should be an option at the phone number step for port in number (Transfer phone number )

if you really cannot see that, you can pick a new number first and get the account activated first.  Once activated, you can go to Profile page on My Account and click Transfer number there to start the porting process

Need Help? Let's chat.