cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Voicemail: Busy, Holiday and Personal Greetings

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi everyone, 

I have been trying to set up a personal greeting and during the process I was just wondering what is the difference between Holiday, Busy and Personal greetings. I couldn't find anywhere in the forum which explains when these three are activated exactly. 

Thank you. 

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cheetah24 

Great work!

As I was writing my edit of my last post the thought did occur to me "I wonder?". Then thought nah. Can't be that clever.

Nice.

Thanks for reporting back.

sandpublic

@Cheetah24 wrote:

Actually I tested this using another phone just now. It seems that we could have two or more greetings at the same time. So I can set up my personal greeting and then it will play whenever I do not answer the phone; the busy greeting is played when the line is busy; the holiday greeting is played on the holiday schedule I choose and the extened absence greeting does not allow a schedule to be choosen but can be activated right now and has the option of not letting people leave a message. This is what my experimentation told me. 

@CS_Agent : Please verify if there's a mistake of what I am saying above. I couldn't find this information anywhere on the forum. Maybe we need to add this to the voicemail setup instruction pages. 

Awesome, great investigative work and thanks for the update.

Cheetah24

Actually I tested this using another phone just now. It seems that we could have two or more greetings at the same time. So I can set up my personal greeting and then it will play whenever I do not answer the phone; the busy greeting is played when the line is busy; the holiday greeting is played on the holiday schedule I choose and the extened absence greeting does not allow a schedule to be choosen but can be activated right now and has the option of not letting people leave a message. This is what my experimentation told me. 

@CS_Agent : Please verify if there's a mistake of what I am saying above. I couldn't find this information anywhere on the forum. Maybe we need to add this to the voicemail setup instruction pages. 

Cheetah24

@sandpublic  Thanks for the link. I've read that, unfortunately that article does not explain the difference between the voicemail options and when they will be activated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cheetah24 wrote:
Thanks for the replay. So that means only one greeting is active correct? It's just that it gives an arrangement of greetings. I was just thinking whether you can activate the busy greeting if the line is busy and the personal greeting active when there's no response.

I believe it's just one active.

The other possibilities are more in the phone than the voicemail end.

Edit: There are the main three forwarding options. 1 - busy, 2 - no answer, 3 - unreachable.

But there's just the one voicemail box. Unless you set up an external voicemail system with another number and then forward to that number for the other conditions.

Cheetah24

@Anonymous  Thanks for the reply. So that means only one greeting is active correct? It's just that it gives an arrangement of greetings. I was just thinking whether you can activate the busy greeting if the line is busy and the personal greeting active when there's no response.

sandpublic

@Cheetah24 wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I have been trying to set up a personal greeting and during the process I was just wondering what is the difference between Holiday, Busy and Personal greetings. I couldn't find anywhere in the forum which explains when these three are activated exactly. 

Thank you. 

Refer to this link for more information 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cheetah24 wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Thank you. 

I would say it lets you choose a particular kind of greeting.

Personal greeting = your usual everyday greeting for voicemail

Busy greeting = hey I'm busy

Holiday greeting = Happy May 24 to you all

Extended Absence greeting = I might not be checking this voicemail for a while.

- then it gives you the option of allowing messages to be recorded at all

Then you go to the next menu choice and activate whichever greeting you like to be the active current greeting.

Need Help? Let's chat.