cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTO PAY NOT WORKING?

Ear46
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For my account and my wife's, our auto pay was due today.  I have ample funds in my bank account, and the debit card is current, yet we have been suspended for NSF.

Checking my bank records, it doesn't seem as though any attempt was made to access payment.

To restore service I have made a manual payment (from the same bank account that supposedly has no funds) but this is beyond annoying.  The account suspension came at a time when it was important to be in touch with family members.

What happened, and how can we be sure it doesn't happen again?

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ear46 : Nope. That's about the gist. You still get the autopay reward even though the registered card doesn't get hit. And then yes if you forget then the card will pay.

Ear46

Hybrid auto pay?  Is this "Pay in advance and auto pay kicks in (perhaps) if you forget"?  Or is there something I have missed?

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Autopay didnt work for me this month either, I wound up having to manually top-up.

Try the hybrid auto pay.....have 3 accounts and never an issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ear46 : So the rash of complaints didn't seem to materialize. I guess it was your lucky day.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ear46 

As long as the bird doesn't eat the two peas in a pod then you are Ok!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Ear46

You and I are birds of a feather.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ear46 

I suggest you take @dabr 's advice to avoid any chance of an autopay failure. It also gives you a chance to review your account monthly for any anomalies. I take screenshots of my overview page and transaction history before and after renewal to have proof in case anything weird happens such as my data counter not resetting. Rest assured once you manually topped up no autopay charges will occur resulting in a double payment (or shouldn't....speaking of anomalies?)

@Anonymous 

Lol...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ear46 : That's the sucky catch isn't it. Yes. That's automated. Come the automated time to see if anybody's unpaid then it suspends. Perhaps we'll see a rash of these today.

I jokingly (seriously) refer to this place as running on gum and baling twine. Hiccups happen. I assure you I sympathize with your plight. But alas...I'm just a lowly customer that can't do anything about it.

The mothership seems to want to barely tolerate this little outfit sitting in the corner quietly minding its own business just to stay alive. But they have to, to satisfy the regulators and point to this place to say see...low rates. Now lay off of us and let us continue with our colluding business practices with our fellow colluders.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ear46    If payment isn't made on the due date (even if it's not your fault), then yes your service will suspend until you've paid to reactivate the account. 

Unfortunately, very occasionally autopay doesn't work as intended and for some customers (at least many of the regular posters here) they prefer to pre-load funds (from the CC, edit: or vouchers) into their account before the payment date as PM will first debit the available funds from the account balance before trying to take the payment from the registered CC/Debit card.  So that maybe something you want to do if you're worried about this happening again.

Ear46

OK, but if auto pay is late, PM blames on me and suspends my service?????

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think we heard from someone earlier that autopay was late today. I wonder if you might get another charge on your account soon. Although this is now way late. Just keep an eye out.

Need Help? Let's chat.