cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A11 Samsung Sim card transfer

tina_lachapelle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need help.Please.

Purchased a Sim card to replace telus service. 

I've tried everything and yes Sim card is for Canadian service.

Conflicting reviews everywhere, can anyone help. It says no network.  I've tried connecting and it just keeps saying try later. 

Thanks in advance

16 REPLIES 16

tina_lachapelle

Thanks Everyone.

I've generated a ticket. Amazing help from everyone. 

I'll keep you posted.

oh no good.. 

so you tried to reboot and it is showing No network on top of the screen?

So, you cannot even make outgoing calls?

did you try to open a ticket with PM to see if there is issue with the SIM provisioning?  If you have not done so, I think you should.. 

@tina_lachapelle 

Before you called telus did you have any outgoing service on the phone? Did public mobile show up as your network? If there was no service at all then your SIM card did not provision correctly.

There has been an issue with the activation system with a higher than normal amount of sim cards not properly provisioned to the new account. The CSA's can fix this for you but you must initiate contact for this to be done.

Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Type in "sim not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Wait times are currently less than an hour. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tina_lachapelle 

can you try to reset network settings on an Android device

1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click HERE

@tina_lachapelle 

Did you check your status in self service? Try resetting your network settings on your phone and reboot if self service says status is Active.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tina_lachapelle wrote:

So I was told it would take a few hours for everything to be sorted. Spoke too soon.Number transfered,  Telus was helpful with switch but now no network. Sim card status not active when I check status.

Frustrated.

@tina_lachapelle 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

tina_lachapelle

So I was told it would take a few hours for everything to be sorted. Spoke too soon.Number transfered,  Telus was helpful with switch but now no network. Sim card status not active when I check status.

Frustrated.

@tina_lachapelle  glad all sorted out now.

Enjoy PM!! Enjoy the Saving!!

tina_lachapelle

Thanks Everyone.

Called telus port issue number. Telus very helpful with reactivating the entire process. Took some time but was so happy to have my cell running again.

Your community is absolutely amazing. So helpful and I learned some technical stuff that was extremely valuable.

THANK YOU

Instead of leaping, should have researched first. Lesson learned. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tina_lachapelle wrote:

I need help.Please.

Conflicting reviews everywhere, can anyone help. It says no network.  I've tried connecting and it just keeps saying try later. 

Thanks in advance

Hello @tina_lachapelle 

After activating a Public Mobile SIM card, insert it into your phone and try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

-------------------------

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port.

Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

Leave the OLD provider SIM card in your phone to accept the PORT via SMS/text.

Once you reply 'YES', insert Public Mobile SIM and follow step above.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

tina_lachapelle

This could be it!!

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

tina_lachapelle

I did all of those steps. Account says its activated. 

I'm not tech savvy but can follow instructions. I've tried adding an apn for PM. No luck.

I've restarted more than once. It says emergency calls only. Can't call or text. 

I did read some had issues with existing number transfer. Went from Telus to PM.

Sales guy did sell me and told me he was having issues with PM and his server . Told me to to it online . 

Thanks everyone for all your advice

if you have activated PM line and your CC got charged, when you put your PM SIM into a phone, it should at least able to make outgoing calls and data

Porting is another issue.  If porting not completed, you won't get incoming calls on your PM SIM yet.

During activation, did you requeste porting and provided Telus account info?  If so.  you should have your Telus SIM still in a phone and wait for a text to come in.    Telus would send you a message and ask for your permission to release the line for PM.   You need to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you didn't get the text, if you didn't reply yes, your port will not complete and you need to call a number to re-trigger the process

let us know if you replied YES to Telus

let us know if you are able to make outgoing calls 

let us know if you are receiving incoming calls on your PM line

tina_lachapelle

Sorry, yes PM Sim.

I'll try this. Thanks.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tina_lachapelle wrote:

I need help.Please.

@tina_lachapelle   you are trying to activate a new PM line and port in your Telus number?

what have you done so far?   you got a PM SIM card and you went to activate the line at : Activate Your SIM Card Online | Public Mobile  ?

your credit card got charged? 

you put the PM SIM into a phone? what is showing on the screen?

Give us more info and we will try to help.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@tina_lachapelle wrote:

I need help.Please.

Thanks in advance

@tina_lachapelle    Just to clarify, the new SIM is a PM SIM?  

You can try removing and reinserting the SIM, or toggle airplane mode on/off.  Also rebooting your phone a few times.

Need Help? Let's chat.