cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A call to me goes direclty to voicemail

ssidorov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recently people started to complain that when they call me it goes directly to a voicemail.What is it?

8 REPLIES 8

@ssidorov 

It sounds like a provisional/backend issue so the only solution is to contact a CS_Agent to check and fix at their end.

So submit a ticket on SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of the page or private message them on the envelope icon above.

@ssidorov   important thing is that you did get incoming call on your PM sim card before, so porting was completed

you can try using 3G or VoLTE and see if it resolves your issue

1. VoLTE solution.  Try to enable VoLTE on your phone and see if it works

iPhone: Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data, enable 4G or LTE there

Pixel Settings->Network and Internet->Internet, click on the settings icon besides SIM 1, turn on 4G calling there

Samsung/ Other Android: Settings->Connection->Mobile Data, enable VoLTE there

2. 3G voice.   Try changing the Preferred network type to 3G or WCDMA only and see if it helps

ssidorov

Hi all, thank you for replies. I ported my number from Koodo a few months ago. Initially I didnt have any problems and people could reach out to me at any time. The problem appeared a few weeks ago. The same person can call me a few times in a row and one of the calls would go to voicemail. I looked at the possible solutions, none of them seem made a trick. My gut feeling is something is wrong with SIM card.

heartonfire

Already lots of helpful solutions here, I just wanted to add that there is an additional simple thing that might be worth mentioning!

There’s a feature that is possible to turn on by accident where your phone will block anyone who’s not on your contacts or recent outgoing calls list and send them right to voicemail. On iPhone it’s under settings > phone > silence unknown callers. If you’re an android user, a similar feature might be found in a similar location under your phones settings.

tanyar21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If all else fails....this happened exactly to me..I had to do a factory reset in my Note 9...but for me some numbers would go through and some straight to voice-mail. 

Ckk_2194
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it is possible that your phone has not switched to VOLTE yet when i didnt have volte with bad service my phone struggled to call people ( AKA switch over to the 3G network) with VOLTE it seems to be fine now, 

if this is not the case it is possible your phone number didnt switch from your previous carrier if you just switched which i would talk to PM and see if it got moved over sucsessfully.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ssidorov 

If you didn’t recent ported your number over to PM, check to see if Do Not Disturb is enabled. Disable it if it is enabled.

If you recently ported over then the porting is not completed and you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting but you need to keep your old SIM in your phone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ssidorov 

Presume you're not 'new' here and just recently tried porting over to Public Mobile?   If you ARE NEW here, did you respond "YES" to the port authorization request from your prior provider whilst your prior provider SIM card was in your device?

If not new, try the following fixes:

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

Need Help? Let's chat.