cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Top 0.5% Spot Up For Grabs!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I will not be very active for the remainder of this month (and perhaps for the next little while), so I won't be challenging for one of the top 0.5% badges at this time. I've had a solid run of 10 straight months holding one of these spots but I'm letting other things take priority for now.  For those up-and-comers helping in the community, that's an otherwise occupied 0.5% spot wide open now (out of 7 spots usually, give or take)...so I encourage anyone to go for it. 

PM_0.5%Badge.jpg

It's mostly for some recognition (a bit of fame, but even less fortune Smiley Tongue).  Perhaps we'll see a new name or two highlighted next month in the Top Contributors announcement to accompany regular stalwarts   @ShawnC13  @will13am  @mimmo  @xCameron94x et al., along with the esteemed Oracles, of course.

Good luck, have fun, and most importantly, be helpful, which should always be the main goal of this great community. Tip: When you focus on quality posts, the bravos and solutions will follow naturally. And don't forget to bravo your fellow community members!   Smiley Happy

(As long as I'm dialling it back a bit, I might as well encourage some good-natured competition, seeing as PM hasn't had a contest in a while.  Robot LOL )

12 REPLIES 12

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SD08,

I hope I don't see you outside on the street picking up cans and bottles.  LOL

Don't be a stranger.  🙂

@zmawani wrote:

😉 I wonder how much time you actually need to put in for this

countless hours

I'm certain you'd come across more money picking up dropped coins on the ground, from shopping carts, or returning beer cans.   The community reward is a nice bonus but the amount of time spent that is required to achieve the top tiers isn't something that you can bank on. The difficulty in achieving the top 0.5% has to do with the limited number of spots each month and that you have to rank higher in the calculations for the community bonuses than almost anyone else.

zmawani
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

😉 I wonder how much time you actually need to put in for this

SD08

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@SD08, creating a challenge?? lol I then challenge you to keep up just kidding I am hoping to make it 13 in a row this month.  I hope all is well and it is nothing serious that is taking you away from here but just personal choice to step back for a bit.

Not to worry.  All is well, thanks.  Smiley Happy

I'll still be around, but probably not quite as active as before. 

SD08

@wetcoaster

Based on what you've done this month already, I'm sure you're getting one of those spots for November.  Smiley Happy

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for all your work in the community, @SD08. I don't think you are falling out of the 0.5% group that fast.

Considering that the assessment that is the basis for the monthly ranking seems to be somewhat random, I'm not even sure that I'm able to spend enough time in the community to be able to compete for a 0.5% spot.

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SD08 Appreciate the vote of confidence! I find it's hard for me to be consistently active in the community. Some weeks are better than others! But who knows what the New Year will bring.

Anyway all the best and we look forward to having you back soon (when you are ready, that is). Smiley Happy

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@SD08, creating a challenge?? lol I then challenge you to keep up just kidding I am hoping to make it 13 in a row this month.  I hope all is well and it is nothing serious that is taking you away from here but just personal choice to step back for a bit.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08

@denkom  @ckl 

Don't sell yourselves short.  You never know.  When I first started here, I never thought I'd make it past the first or second contribution levels.  The key is to keep learning from others.  Smiley Happy

denkom

@ckl Me too Smiley LOL Maybe even less than 0.5% haha

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

In reality, I have 0.5% chance of getting the 0.5% spot LOL.

denkom

I'm curious to see who will step up for the challenge. Robot Happy 

@SD08 Hope the time away from the community means you are doing something fun...a vacation perhaps!? Cheers!

Need Help? Let's chat.