cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

611 says my plan is suspended after renewing in selfserve.

EdSA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I called 611 because selfserve is very difficult to navigate, gave me conflicting messages: 1) Your service is currently suspended due to insufficient funds; 2) you have enough funds in your balance. I'm also unable to confirm if my AutoPay is on because under the "Make a Payment" tab I don't see the Manage AutoPay/One Time Payment options but just the "Make A Payment" option that when I chose "Amount Due" it responded with "you have enough balance". I called 611, indeed, it said that my account is suspended but I forgot my PIN to proceed with the manual payment. It is very, very confusing.

16 REPLIES 16

EdSA

Thanks for the link. That may have resolved the issue, we'll see. I was able to get a ticket and I was able to communicate to the agent what was going on. I got back to Make Payment and this time, the payment went through, AutoPay seems had been set up and I called 611 and I didn't get the "Your Account is suspended" message. The choices for payment confused me. The option Amount Due failed, then the Enter The Amount, where I wasn't sure and I entered both $35, then $25; both returned as not the right amount. Thanks, guys, for all your help. Best regards!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I just remember seeing that welcome 10 balance in my account last month, so it was fresh in my mind lol

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 - well, if you thought of that at the beginning of the thread, you were much more clairvoyant than me. 👍

It took me right until OP said they were on the $35 plan to get to that conclusion.

😁

JL9
Mayor / Maire

That is the first thing I thought of that 10 would have come a few days after activation and entering a referral code

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@EdSA wrote:

Thanks for your reply. To be clear, my plan is $35, not $10. I don't know where that $10 plan or amount came from. Certainly, not from me. My credit card is in order.

@EdSA  - 

If you are on the $35 plan, did you just activate 30 days ago with a referral code? This could be the $10 you are seeing in your Available Funds area.

But it does not look like your Autopay took properly. 

Have you confirmed your Registered your account for Autopay?

At this point, you will need to manually add another $25 to your account, then resume/reactivate it so it changes to Active. Maybe restart your phone after doing so.

If your plan still does not reactivate / resume and it shows $0 owing, try adding a $1 topup payment. 

Or try

1. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  2. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  3. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  4. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  5. Log off your account. Log back in. Reboot your phone.

If issues persist, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster  use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@EdSA 

Lol...the amount due in your screenshot. Oops!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

EdSA

Thanks for your reply. To be clear, my plan is $35, not $10. I don't know where that $10 plan or amount came from. Certainly, not from me. My credit card is in order.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@EdSA 

Here's the problem....were you informed by either email or text message that your $10 plan was being increased 30% to $13 on April 28th 2022? Even if you were informed the text/email message assured you to not worry there was nothing you needed to do. The only problem with this unreasonable and unjustified rate hike is that public mobile despite knowing for years about the known glitch with autopay failing and suspending customers accounts if a manual payment is not made ahead of renewal. They have not bothered to fix this known glitch despite making this money grab to clawback your loyalty rewards so that parent company telus can continue raking in record profits.

You have every right to complain to public mobile followed by a CCTS  complaint.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

EdSA

I fail to see how and why my renewal should fail. I checked everything about my profile and credit card info, and all seemed fine and there's nothing much that I could do beyond that. 

@gpixel wrote:

@EdSA 

if you're on auto-pay just leave it. the system is crediting and debiting the account. if you look at previous payments you will see $10 for calls and $15/$25/$30 etc. for data. otherwise the system added $10 from your card and glitched out. if you don't have any service tomorrow than it probably failed the payment process

This customer wouldn't be able to just ignore the error messages. A payment must be made.  The renewal has failed and that can be seen based on the date in picture.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@EdSA 

if you're on auto-pay just leave it. the system is crediting and debiting the account. if you look at previous payments you will see $10 for calls and $15/$25/$30 etc. for data. otherwise the system added $10 from your card and glitched out. if you don't have any service tomorrow than it probably failed the payment process

@EdSA wrote:

Thanks, but that too is confusing. It says my balance is $10.00. I don't know where that amount came from, that does not seem right and I'm being asked to make payment (below) after I updated my profile and credit card info or if my AutoPay is set up. Account Status: Plan Expired.

• Your plan expired on Apr 29, 2022.
  • Top up before Jul 28, 2022, or your account will be deactivated.
  • Current Balance: $10.00
  • Amount Due: $0.00

Your service has been suspended because there wasn't sufficient balance to renew your plan, for whatever reason regardless on whether or not autopay is enabled.  Also, there is no longer any $10 plan, and if you were on a $10 plan, you'll need to toup up at least an additional $3.  If you're on a different plan that that, you'll have to manually add the difference between your plan price and your current $10 balance.  As I was saying earlier, please go back into your Self Serve account and change the payment type to Other so that you can manually type in the amount of the required payment.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@EdSA 

At the bottom left corner of your overview page will tell you if you are registered for "dynamic autopay".

EdSA

Thanks, but that too is confusing. It says my balance is $10.00. I don't know where that amount came from, that does not seem right and I'm being asked to make payment (below) after I updated my profile and credit card info or if my AutoPay is set up. Account Status: Plan Expired.

• Your plan expired on Apr 29, 2022.
  • Top up before Jul 28, 2022, or your account will be deactivated.
  • Current Balance: $10.00
  • Amount Due: $0.00

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@EdSA 

even calling 611 on your renewal date will give you conflicting messages and tell one that their service is suspended. one can make sure the account still has service by calling the device or making an outgoing call

@EdSA wrote:

I called 611 because selfserve is very difficult to navigate, gave me conflicting messages: 1) Your service is currently suspended due to insufficient funds; 2) you have enough funds in your balance. I'm also unable to confirm if my AutoPay is on because under the "Make a Payment" tab I don't see the Manage AutoPay/One Time Payment options but just the "Make A Payment" option that when I chose "Amount Due" it responded with "you have enough balance". I called 611, indeed, it said that my account is suspended but I forgot my PIN to proceed with the manual payment. It is very, very confusing.

If your renewal is this morning and your service is working, that error message is not an inidcation of any problem. It will say that for every renewal.  As for making a manual payment, you could change the payment type to "other". That will let you apply any top up amount hat you wish.  However, this isn't necessary if there's already enough balance in the account for the renewal. Your current Public Mobile account balance is near the top right hand corner inside your Self Serve account.

Need Help? Let's chat.