cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GB for $25!! Targeted Migration Offer (SMS)

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

Tempted?!! 🤔🐈🤪

Screenshot_20230830-113815.png

87 REPLIES 87

EdBurns1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd be curious to know why there is a reluctance to offer a plan like this on 4G .........(we are all abundantly aware, by now, that 3G has be deleted in the USA and is on the way to being phased out in Canada) .....?

Yep, 5gigs of data is a deal, ..BUT... it's still at that slower download speed...!

How about you split the difference and do 3 gigs of data at 4G speed....?  OR, take it even further, -(if you want to make it really tempting), by reducing that $25.00 subscription rate and make it a "semi-annual" .... heck, even.... an "annual" plan...!  

NLL

Mine has started also with the subscription renewal.  Good to know it includes messaging and calls.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Lazy_Buddy_HGR @EdBurns1 

"3G", "4G" and "5G" plans refer to the data speed contained within the plan not the network.  They all favour usage on the 4G LTE network. Customers without a device provisioned for VoLTE will switch to the 3G network for voice calls in Canada and T-Mobile's 2G network when roaming in the US. Customers on a "5G" plan with a 5G capable device will switch to the 5G network where available in both Canada and when roaming in the US.

KennethJAdams
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Mine started yesterday. Weeeeeeee. 

hi @Lazy_Buddy_HGR there is  o more 3G in US. But VoLTE works now on T-Mobile and AT&T 

Lazy_Buddy_HGR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not sure as my partner did not receive this one yet.

Lazy_Buddy_HGR

Depending o where you go, 3G may not even work anymore in the US 😞

EdBurns1

....yep, but it's a tad shy of what I 'could' use and a 4G plan would roam a little better in the US. So, something in between sure would be welcomed .. 

HI@EdBurns1 

Sound like you don't use a lot of data, then $15 plan is the best plan for you.  

@EdBurns1  I get it . The elimination of roll over data add ons  really puts the screws  to low data user such as yourself unfortunately .

EdBurns1

... and that's why I would love the "entry level" thing. Personally, I can't justify paying that kind of money for data I'll never use ...

@EdBurns1  If your willing to pay $102 quarterly you can have 60GB 4G speeds for the 90 days right now be $408 a year 

EdBurns1

...comes down to the money as always and I won't argue abouT that, but, for this cheap old guy, I wouldn't have a problem fronting $60 every quarter if I was getting unlimited calling and texting AND 3 gigs a month @ 4G...

HendrikB

That's a good point, not alot of audience for that.

@EdBurns1  And @HendrikB  yearly plans would be nice option  but it would have to be a super economical plan maybe just talk and text , PM has 1/4 plans for 90 days and many  find that to much up front cost , and don’t wanna be locked in for 3 months let alone a year at a time 

HI @HendrikB 

sorry, no yearly plan now with PM.  It is harder and harder to find now, it is only offered by some Pay-As-You-Go providers, I think

HendrikB

Yearly plans would be amazing!

xmx

I wish I can receive the sms

EdBurns1

... would love to see an 'entry level' 4G plan .... How about 3 gigs @ 4G for $20.00/month ...? Better yet, do a semi-annual or yearly plan  ???....... Cheers

MarieLou

Yes

HI @Linda111 

only if you get the promo sms.  And the $20/5G is only targeted for Quebec customers

Linda111

20$ / 5 GB is it available again ?

Meowington
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, I am very thankful for your info, it just my personal issue.

HI @Meowington 

Yes, $25 for 5GB is non Quebec offer, in fact, Quebec has a better one, $20 for 5GB

@Meowington As I've already stated, it's included. Don't listen to the nonsense from PM front line staff, as they have no idea. If you asked 10 different agents 5 would tell you yes and 5 would tell you no. 

Support confusion and misinformation continues.

Glad it all works.

Meowington

Final update that relate to this SMS promoted Plan for $25 5GB with 3G speed:

With the reply from CS_Agent, they believe the plan is not included with international text message, but they do suggested me to send a SMS to my friend outside Canada to test if the plan has this feature, if the SMS cannot be sent, which mean this plan has excluded the international texting for this plan. At the end, my friend from Asian country can received my sms and reply back. At the end, i believe this plan does included with the international text messaging feature as mention by Hardy1, and DennyCrane, also the term and conditions at section 3.

It seems this deal had been offered for Quebec only area without internationally message feature, During my email exchange with CS_Agent, he mentioned this plan was same as the one offer at Quebec area, and he thought i am from Quebec, until i make a clarification that I reside at BC and never been to Quebec. Ans i did show him my screenshot of the SMS direct offer.

At the end, i am very happy with all the help and support from you guys in the community forum and from CS_agent to ensure to make everything clear for me. Which make my anxiety level go back to normal.

I wish everyone who reply YES to this offer and get what they want, and not search in the fog.

Meowington

Meowington

There seems to be are night time for them, its about 11PM at the other side of the world. I will try it probably later today.  If end up there is no international text messaging, I still have other messaging and social media app  to fulfill mt need sending messages oversea and over the border.😁

@Meowington- Do you know anybody internationally that you can test with? Just try it. There's no such thing as extra charges here so if it works great, if it doesn't then you that's that.

@Meowington All plans include unlimited international text and picture messages. You're good. 

Need Help? Let's chat.