cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G

Sarahjmacg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

19 REPLIES 19

@Circus- I suggest not putting quite so much weight into replies from agents. We too often see incorrect information posted here from customers that they got from an agent.
eg. they have said that in order to get volte that one must have a 4G plan. This is false. It's why real world results from customers is way better than claims from agents.

@Circus wrote:

Yes - not all phones have the hardware to do 5G - for example iPhone 11 and older do not have the capability to connect to 5G networks.

As you['ve been previously informed, a phone is not required to have 5G network capabilities for customers to receive full 250Mbps 5G plan speeds at Public Mobile.

HI @hycm53   yes, I checked both Telus and PM and it shows Halifax.  That's why I was surprise when OP said no 5G. thanks for posting the map

@hairbag1 wrote:

@hycm53 

my apologies...when I checked on-line, its showed only 4g available.

That's OK. We sometimes make a mistake.

@hycm53 

my apologies...when I checked on-line, its showed only 4g available.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Sarahjmacg 

you should have access to 4G (or LTE) in Halifax...but no 5G yet.

Contact a CSA to see if they'll credit your account...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

There is 5G in Halifax:

Screenshot (5).png

Hi @Sarahjmacg happy that it works 

@esjliv no worry, just making fun

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow - perhaps OP wanted to shut down the 'what is your question' posts...

@Sarahjmacg - if you are able to put your question back, then choose a reply that best helps you for a solution, then this could help others who have the same question when they search here on the community.

Sarahjmacg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry didn’t realize I was posting on a forum and couldn’t figure out how to delete it. Just hoping to get credited for 5g plan as no coverage in my area through public mobile. Bell only I think. Not getting any of the emergency fire evacuation messages through 3G. Anyway…all good…pm sent to the right person! Thanks all!

hi @esjliv , and easy solution for you. LoL

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Sarahjmacg is 5G working now?

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @esjliv OP updated the post.  originally said no 5G coverage and want a refund 

ahhh, ok. Thanks @hTideGnow 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sarahjmacg no mind readers here.  What's up?  

DDM69_0-1685373621546.jpeg

Meow
Mayor / Maire

WHAT is your question????

Yes, PM has 5G plans.

hi @esjliv OP updated the post.  originally said no 5G coverage and want a refund 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sarahjmacg  What’s the issue your having 

if you need support 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sarahjmacg 

you should have access to 4G (or LTE) in Halifax...but no 5G yet.

Contact a CSA to see if they'll credit your account...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

What about 5G @Sarahjmacg  ?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Sarahjmacg did you check the Telus and PM 5G coverage map to confirm? 

Please submit ticket with PM agent to discuss changing plan 

Need Help? Let's chat.