cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$55 Student Plan for 20GB per Month

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello Community,

May be going back to school in the fall and have been considering PM's new plan offers.

Currently on the $25/month am interested in the $55/month for 20GB for students.  How do I sign up as an existing customer there is no switch plans button.

Thanks,

Eliza5

19 REPLIES 19

@DavidsonGT   $55 - 20GB Student plan is no longer offering. 

But good news, the same 20GB plan is now only $45!!!  You don't see it on PM's Plan page , but it is available when you activate new account or change plan for existing accounts

DavidsonGT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think that 20Gb is a fairly large amount of Internet, and for a student this is a good plan. And the price was reasonable for me. There are several special offers for students and it's great that there is an opportunity to save money for students. It is important, of course, to understand what is important for you in the tariff plan. For example, a constant and high-quality Internet connection was important to me. Using a student plan was one of the tricks I described in my essay on helping others https://studydriver.com/helping-others/ I think cell phone companies help a lot of students with rates like this. After all, an excellent solution for reasonable money is great.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kim89   Yes, it wouldn't work in self serve because you were already on the same plan that is being discounted for new customers only (supposedly).  However, I think the $45/20GB is a great price and the price and data doesn't change after any promotional period ends.

Kim89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dabr it didn't work in the self serve but they have the same plan as the 55$ one for 45$ as a plan so me and my mom both switched to that cause it's 10$ cheaper 😊 she also had the 55$ plan.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kim89    The announcement from J_PM states that it's for new activations only, although, after testing it out couple of days ago, I was able to select the $55/20GB plan and enter the code 20OFFMONTHLY and the code was accepted.  

Maybe, PM has fixed the glitch that was allowing existing customers in input the code, I haven't logged into self serve yet to see, plus I cancelled the plan change as I was only testing the code.  There is also the issue of the upcoming payment not displaying the discounted price but that might be due to the fact the discount is applied either after paying full price for first cycle or it will be applied just before renewal.   Since it's advertised for new activations, there's also no way to know if PM would (have?) honour this promo code even with screenshots of the code being accepted.  

There are two other offers currently for existing customers in self serve of $40/15GB and $45/20GB if you are wanting lots of data at a decent price.

edit:  I just realized that you were on the $55/20GB plan, so you could easily save $10/cycle by scheduling a plan change at next renewal to the current offer of $45/20GB?

edit:  @Kim89   So I think the code is not working for you in self serve because you're already on the $55/20GB plan so wouldn't be able to select it to switch to.  I just confirmed that the code still is accepted in self serve but as mentioned earlier, whether PM would actually allow existing customers to receive this discount is not known until/unless someone decides to test it for themselves.  I'm not in the market for this promo, so won't keep the scheduled change.

Kim89

@dabr there is a promo for this 20gb plan offing 20$ off for 15 months. Is this only for new customers? I tried putting in the promo code but it didn't work lol

Kim89

@dabr I think I'm good with the plan I have now. I got this plan because of Fiona, we had no power for over a week. So I want to keep it incase we have a bad storm this winter so I can  hot spot my kids and fiance if need be. Thank tho

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kim89    Wonderful!  Thanks for coming back to update us that you got the scheduled plan change. 

BTW, read the following thread as I think this is a better option, if you can get by with 5GB less data.  Seems to be a limited time offer of 4G $40/15GB plan, you could schedule a change at next renewal again?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Existing-customers-only-40-for-15GB-data-...

edit:  adding FYI too @Eliza5 

Kim89

@dabr I was successfully changed to the 20gb $55 plan today! Yay!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kim89   Thanks for posting back and that's good news that CSA's have confirmed that you will get the scheduled plan change at renewal. 

That would be great if you can come back and update when your renewal happens, but perhaps try tagging my name at that time so that I see you've responded by clicking the @key on your keyboard and then selecting the username you are responding to from the list.

Kim89

The change is scheduled for the 28th of Oct. I will cone back and let you know if they honor it. I assume they will since they got back to me saying it's going to change to this plan.

Kim89

I submitted a ticket to ask and the got back to me and said that I was indeed scheduled to change to this plan at the end of the month

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kim89  (edit: corrected username)  Just reread your post, did you already schedule a plan change before it was removed and now don't see the scheduled change anymore? 

Another customer also reported not seeing his scheduled plan recently but it's normally PM's policy to honour scheduled plan changes even if the plan is no longer offered at time of renewal, however, we don't know if PM is still adhering to this policy or not.

When does your renewal take place and maybe you can report back to confirm if you got the plan change, or not?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kim89   Unfortunately, that plan was only available for a limited time and PM discontinued it, without prior notice, a couple of days ago and that's why you cannot see in the available plans.  Sorry.

Kim89

I click switch on my renewal plan but when I log in it doesn't show me anything about switching to this plan. Does that mean it's not going to happen cause now the plan is gone?

@Eliza5   NO.  they won't refund

PM is prepaid.  Every change is FINAL  for the next 30 days once it started

When you make plan change, remember there are 2 choices, 

Change Plan now, PM will charge you new plan amount now and start the new cycle now.  Remaining days on the old plan will be forfeited 

Change plan on your next renewal date will  not start the new plan until your next renewal date.  it is a better choice to avoid losing money if you are in no rush of the new plan and new features

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech 

If one changes the plan now and pays the $55/mth and then changes there mind to let say a $40/mth plan will we get refunded the difference?

@Eliza5 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5 

Check out the school you will be going to. You may not need a more expensive plan for data.  The campuses should all have Wi-Fi available to all students. As well, between institutions you can check out  eduroam if needed.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Eliza5   the plan is there for existing subscribers.  Just login to My Account , click Change My Plan.  You will see the plans three sorted by prices.  Please click on the Yellow arrows on the far right ( or at the bottom if you check from phone).   Scroll through the plans with the arrows and you should see the $55 plan there

Make sure you understand the difference between Change plan now vs Change on the next renewal date.  People usually pick Change plan on the next renewal date if you don't need the extra data in a hurry.    If you click Change plan onw, PM will charge you new plan amount now and start the new plan, unused days on the current cycle will be forfeited and no partial refund

Need Help? Let's chat.