cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 days no response to support ticket

rktect
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After going through the SIM activation process, the result page had EMPTY "plan" section and the sub-total/total where BLANK.

My credit card has been charged but I do not have access to the self-serve area. I submitted a support request and received a confirmation email 5 days ago - and there has been NO response yet (PM me for ticket #).

This isn't a very good sign for people like me transferring off of a tier one provider. I realized coming here that service was online only - but I didn't think that meant almost non-existent. I'm considering NOT porting my number now and though more expensive, staying with my current provider. Some things are worth a bit more money.

There are simple HTML markup and javascript errors on several of the pages and features of the site - if these were fixed there would be a lot less issues for new customers.

Any help would be appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

oh. i'm sorry. now i realize that you are on 90 days and you count the 6 gb as 2 gb per month 😛 and ofc 40 $ monthly payment 😛 

Ionut

@rktect can i suggest you something :)?

90 days plan /Canada-Wide/Global Texting/ 6 Gb of Data = 135 $ / 3 months =45$ monthly technicaly 😛

Just a suggestion 😛

rktect

@Ionut you're right... I was quoted $80/m for unlimited Canada calling & text + 1 GB data. With retentions I was able to get it down to $60/m. Still nowhere close to PM prices ($40/m) and with less data! [vs 2GB/m with PM] 🙂

Ionut

@rktect Have a good one to bud :):P

I like your Reconnaissance Skills. Will be amazing if we could help them out with technical problems.:( But unfortunately i don't think it's possible 😛

One thing to tell you 😛 i have a plan of Unlimited US&Canada call, Global texting, 6 Gb of data (90 days)

and i pay 120$/3 = 40 $.monthly

I think Tier 1 providers won't give you unlimited call local for 40$ :)) 😛

rktect

Thanks for the note @Ionut. I do understand. I haven't given up on PM yet - but I've been told it will take 14 days to fix my simple registration/activation issue - which is a bit scary.

My hesitation on Public Mobile is based on a few things:

1. Many of the site issues ARE easy to fix, such as porting numbers not working because of a missing javascript file. Given access to the web server, any developer could fix it in seconds.

2. Honestly, it is highly irregular and many may say unprofessional for a technology service company to ignore a proper ticketing system in leu of a community forum. Granted employees seem responsive on some things, but there is no keeping track of issue status or forgotten issues or time to resolution or how many outstanding issues there are. For example, I have NO idea if someone will contact me when my issue is resolved or if one day my self-service account will just start working. 

3. I know tier-one providers are 'evil' and you are paying for hand-holding service on the phone - but the core service offering of my current provider has been solid. Their online account management sucks, but it works and I can get what I need quickly. Telus acquired PM in late 2013, should be plenty of time to integrate systems and work out the kinks.

Anyways, I'm hoping things get fixed soon and the service works well - as you are right - the cost is very attractive and PM/Telus have a decent network. Have a good one!

Ionut

@rktect i had a similar issue to. And i made a topic what could cause this issue. Also it's not always as simple as you think. " just some java and HTML script" 

When you combine old technology (old PM) with the newest technology you will find out a bit of a headache. Also if i do rememer the longer is the issue the bigger is the discount.

I get 50 $ off since i wasn't able to acces my serlf-server for 2 weeks. 

Also let me clarify something. PM it's a online service which usually work very well. In case you have a deeper problem which cannot be solved by Moderators they write a ticket to Telus technician which they will take care of it. Nobody know how they work, and if they do their best since we are "subsider" but i'm assure you that once the process of activation or choosing plan it's done you won''t have anymore issue.

I've been with Telus, Rogers, Bell and Fido. Do you know why did i changed with this big time providers?:

1. Overpriced.

2. Cap limit overpassed.

3. Annoying and bothering messaging.

4. Calling for advertise and offer.

Since i'm with public 2010 to Present i didn't recieve 1 call to tell me something, or to sell something. For me it's everything that matter. Plus i have everything i want for big time less bucks. 

rktect

@Saray_O - sent you a PM. Thank you

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @rktect

I apologize about this inconvenient. Could you send me a private message with the email you used to activate your account? I will look into your issue right away! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mary_M seems to be active, this will help her see it. 

rktect

Thanks @daredogg - appreciate your note!

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@rktect the Community discussion board seems to be a lot quicker for responses than the support ticket route. There are 3 active moderators on here that can address your situation. I'm sure someone will respond to you soon!

Need Help? Let's chat.