cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

4pm

This is a message for a moderator, to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS.

I would like to keep my original plan of 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards. Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

Thank you.

Litvinau_A
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm waiting on their response as well, but Kodoo doesn't sound bad tbh, we'll get Canada-wide calls, and actual over-the-phone customer service i believe. Only world-wide sms might be an issue. And no rewards, but $100 bonus. So yeah, as much as i want to be a part of Public, but i believe i'll be switching over. Might even squeeze a new phone from them bahahaha

lukevader

@amallyawrote:

Corporate shillbot is working overtime today

Oh whats up antifa? Did you have to take a break and do some customer complaint service center calls? I posted that over an hour ago. Keep up will ya? Oh ya, thats right, you can't..... you are on fido.

ERICJIANG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is a message for a moderator, to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS.

I would like to keep my original plan of 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards. Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

If you do not respond within a reasonable time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and proceed with a complaint to the CCTS and then the CRTC.

Thank you

amallya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@lukevaderwrote:

Haha, Trudeau. Whatever antifa girl.

Public Mobile has the right to change ANY terms of service, including rates without notice. Changes become effective 30 days after being posted.

You guys all agreed to these terms by activating your account. End of story.

Corporate shillbot is working overtime today

mdobre

@anaikwrote:

Virgin will steal from you, minutes and data. I used to have to call and contest almost every other bill. 
@mdobrewrote:

I doubt the Rogers family of carreirs will as they increased the Fido $40/4G plan by $5.

Maybe Virgin?

I will not doubt you

johnas

I would like to keep my original plan of 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards.  Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

If you do not respond within a reasonable time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and proceed with a complaint to the CCTS and then the CRTC.

Most of you are being idiots about this

Just as an FYI since you are all quoting "a reasonable time" even the CCTS allows Public 30 days to respond

Are you all really going to do nothing for the next month?

Fulgore

I would like to keep my original plan of 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards.  Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

If you do not respond within a reasonable time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and proceed with a complaint to the CCTS and then the CRTC.

Thank you.

holly_s
Re: $40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

Regards,

poutinecity

This is a message for a moderator ( @Moderator_Team ) in order to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS.

Thank you.

gwydionjhr

Because PM decided this is their official channel of communication, this is my official request for resolving this issue.

This price increase is in violation of the terms we first  agreed upon:

"
If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises."

I believe this supercedes your right in the terms and conditions to increase plan rates. I do not accept your proposal to switch to Koodo as an equal value to what I'm currently getting from you and would like a suggestion on your part to rectify this situation.

If I am not contacted within a reasonable amount of time, either here or any other method I have indicated in your records, I will forward my complaint to the CCTS for violation of this contract.

BlueEL

regards,

Zy

the saying "too good to be true " probably its the right moment to be kicked in 

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you very much.

atkwai

filed a complaint with ccts.

this is not cool at all

messmeriza

I will also file a CCTS complaint and am officially stating my intent here to match others:

Thank you.

peosteve

Also, the "unlimited" calling does not include daytime minutes!

Nevermind this - I misread their notes. But requiring people who have phones to use a tab is BS

uprite

Thank you.

supermoon

This is a message for the PM moderators. 

I would like to keep my original plan of 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards. 

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

Thank you.

artofwar

Thank you.

mrblue81

Thank you.

wc1997

Thank you.

guinoma

This is a message for a PM moderator, to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS.

Thank you.

peosteve

Ya. Unlimited doesn't insinuate that there are limits! 

jeffster1970

Problem is most people are used to carriers doing this sort of garbage.

It's unlikely that any customers from  Telus or Koodo will take action, such as leaving for Rogers or Bell. Other than myself, how many are on here posting about this ridiculousness from outside the PM community? I care because it can be a sign of things to come.

There's always Freedom. 

anaik

Virgin will steal from you, minutes and data. I used to have to call and contest almost every other bill. 
@mdobrewrote:

I doubt the Rogers family of carreirs will as they increased the Fido $40/4G plan by $5.

Maybe Virgin?

Need Help? Let's chat.