cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Speeds

JasonTwe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What 3G speeds are offered by Public mobile? Is there any speed restriction after finishing your allocated data cap ? 

7 REPLIES 7

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I think you are asking about data and not speed. Once your data is all used up there is NO MORE DATA and you will have to purchase add on data or wait until your plan renewal. In the mean time you could try to hook-up to a WIFI network - Tim Hortons or local mall for example.

jor123

There tends to be bonuses handed out during Christmas etc too, at least the last few years 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@JasonTwe After you use up all your data, you can't go online except with WIFI.  PM offer 4G plan and 3G plan. With 4G (LTE) , data speed is faster than 3G. But talking (voice) service is using 3G not 4G, because PM doesn't have Volte (Voice over LTE) service, I holp PM will offer this service soon. 

jor123

In some areas like mine, the HSPA network is unusable. If I'm on a call and don't have WiFi, nothing will load or will timeout most of the time. We really need voice over LTE. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If your phone is set to actual UMTS/HSPA (3G) then you can see 10 or so Mbps speed but would have some lag with video's and such. If, like most people, the phone is set to LTE (4G), then the speed is set to 3Mbps.
Two other ideas not mentioned beyond buying data adds-ons is asking support to renew early or changing plans immediately to a different plan.

Yes, once out of data then there is no overage or slowed speed. It just stops.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Once you use your allocated data, add-on data, bonus data - service will just stop and there will be no more Internet until new renewal or until you purchase data add-on.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JasonTwe  One data is used that’s it.. you have no data .. but you can purchase addon for more 

Need Help? Let's chat.