cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$38 promo

Christian91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi all,

I want to port a number over to public mobile eventually but I also want to sign up for the $38 promo before it expires. If I sign up for the $38 promo under a new number on public mobile, will I be able to port over a (Telus) number at a later time (so I'll be using my ported over Telus number instead)? Hope that made sense... Thanks!

Christian
4 REPLIES 4

Gee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It is recommended that you sign up with a new number when porting from either Telus or Koodo.

Also, make sure that you use a different email address from your Telus account initially.  After you successfully activated your SIM, and ported, you can then use your original email address.

mohammedessam

Yes you can

This is what i did today

activate your service with new number, this way you make sure that your service is working fine with no problems, then login to self service and port your number over to PM, if you are porting from telus or koodo, the port will take few seconds to complete.

good luck

jeferson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, for sure! That's what I'm doing. Opened an account yesterday, will port in my number next week when things settle down. 

When you're ready, go to self-serve > change number > Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider. That'll do the trick!

jeferson

SnipaJay

Yes, you should be able to transfer your old number. It would be done under self-serve > change number > Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider

change number.png

Need Help? Let's chat.