cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30-days Province-wide talk, unlimited text and no data costs is now $81 ???

pckku
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am disappointed at PM technical team's response to mistakes/issues on their Plans web site. I reported to PM on April 3, 2017 about the "apparent" issue with their 30-days Province-wide talk, unlimited text and no data costs, displayed as $81.00  ( $42 - (-$39)  = $81 ). More than a week now, it still has not been fixed. Seems to me it's a simple fix and should take little time to correct. Maybe PM does not have their own technical team and have to rely on Telus's support, and PM's service requests are of low priority to Telus. 

However, I am glad that PM Mods are all exceptional, kudos to them for their fast and courteous service.

17 REPLIES 17

Halfdome
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see what you are saying.  It is rather confusing

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

interesting detective work!

pckku

Thank you @Mary_M.  Hope this time it will get fixed properly. We all want PM to be the best. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey everyone,

Thank you for sharing this with us!

We will be escalating this to the appropriate department for a fix, stay tuned for an update!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Just to further help on the trouble-shooting, I've discovered that only on a refresh load of the page, the 30-day option is pre-selected, and when I click in order Province-Wide, Global Text, It shows $37, and then press No Data, it shows the $81 total.

From a refresh, if I RECLICK the preselected 30-day, and follow the same sequence, it works as expected.  There appears to be something wrong with the page pre-selecting the 30-day button on a fresh or re-fresh load.

@Shazia_K

pckku

@SD08, @stonechucker  Thank you for clarifying my original post.

@SD08, It appears I've not read your post, and have essentially duplicated your information.

You put more pictures in 🙂

I've just gone to the plan page, and selected the plan as follows.

30-Day

Province Wide

Global Text

No Data

I saw the "crazy math" showing the $81 total, FOR THE 90 day promo, but obviously, I've chosen the 30-day plan as listed above.

I then selected the actual 90-Day plan (otherwise the same as above), and it showed correct math for the 90-Day plan as expected.

Selecting the 30-Day plan aain.... I then have correct math showing the correct $37 amount.

There is definately a hiccup in the plan selection scripting... i find it very strange that selecting the same plan twice, gave me different totals... 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It seems most of you who responded previously here have misread the OP.
@pckku is not talking at all about the 90-day Talk+Text promo that PM is currently running. Nowhere does the OP mention anything about the promo plan, or even a 90-day plan. The error being discussed involves PM's regular non-promo 30-day Talk + Text plan and has nothing to do with the promo, which is a 90-day plan.  Perhaps the confusion has arisen because the promo plan is also talk+text only, as with the plan discussed here.

Look carefully at OP's screenshot, reposted here for your convenience:

PM30DayTalkTextPlanError.jpg

Notice the selected plan length is 30 days, not 90 days as with the promo.  Yet it costs $81!  Who in their right mind would pay $81 for just *30* days of talk and text with no data?  I'm pretty sure not even Rogers or Bell would charge that much. This is clearly an error. The "discount" of negative $39 seems to be the problem.

THIS is what PM's 30-day Talk+Text plan actually costs and how it should look in the plan selector:

PM30DayTalkTextPlan.jpg

Here's how I reproduced the error and how I found the correct pricing:
If you start with a freshly loaded plans page and immediately select the 30-day talk+text plan, you get the incorrect $81. (first pic)
If you start with any other plan length, and then go back to the 30-day plan, it shows the correct $37. (second pic)

Perhaps PM hasn't fixed this yet because when they played around with the options, they eventually found the right price and thought there was no problem.  But the problem persists when a fresh page is loaded and the 30-day plan is the first selection. Let's have the PM team take another look at it with this information in hand. @Jeremy_M

For reference, here is @pckku's original Public Lab post requesting the fix.

mimmo

it clearly states states in a couple places (see below) the prce is after autopay reward. this is different than normal promos  because we are used to promo prices not including the auto payment discount.  I was confused at first and started a thread in public lab asking for promo consistency.

Create Your Plan

Looking for a talk & text plan? Check out our limited time offers: $25/month* for unlimited text and province-wide talk:Click here

Looking for $40/month talk, text and 2GB of data? Click here and check out our 90 day plan.

All Talk plans include Voice Mail and Call Display.

* on a 90 day plan with a $2 auto-pay reward activated

@Shutdown
I know what you mean it's sound 25 per 30 days but actually it's 27 dollars but they assume all customer go for autopay which I think some how right since Pm offers lots of different ways to lower your bill like reward refer a friend community work and auto pay that's why they posted 75 for 90 days once you select plans then it's show autopay will save another 6 dollars make 81-6 to 75
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

$27 per month x 3 is $81. They included the -$2 from auto pay to get $25 x 3 to $75 WITH autopay. Basically they kinda lied about it being $25 a month but kinda didn't.

pckku

I am only pointing out that PM's Plans Webpage as of today, still displays $81.00 for the following:

PM Plans.png

pckku

Go tothe Plans page,

@Shutdown wrote:

It's actually $27-$2 autopay to $25 if you read carefully.

select 30 days, then select Province talk, Unlimited text and then selct No Data, and you'll find out it displays $81.00

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's actually $27-$2 autopay to $25 if you read carefully.

mimmo

what is wrong with the 81. you need to take account the $6 auto pay credit over 90 days which brings it down to $75 or $25/ month.

its confusing yes because we are used to haveing teh autopay reward as a bonus not incuded in the plan price

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Yes its now $81 per 90 days. More info here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/NEW-Talk-and-Text-Promo-Plan/m-p/144804

Have you contacted one of the mod by private messaging? 

Need Help? Let's chat.