cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Day 500MB plus unlimited talk Canada and international text.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello Everybody,

I have another family member who has this plan. Issuse is that they have used up 75% of their data used up so we turned cellular data off for now. I think data needs to be turned on for picture and video trxt messaging to work (MMS) is that correct?

However is there a way to do this so thaf it doesn’t eat up data? I would like to be able enable their MMS with picture and video without finishing up their data. Right now we are on a road trip so I’d prefer not to run out of data in case of an emergency. I think the data got used up because some updates got stuck on day and consumed a lot before I turned it off.

Oh yeah, the device is an iPhone 5S.

3 REPLIES 3

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes good point. I forgot about wifi assist

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Mobile data does need to be on for MMS to work.  Try turning off synchronization so emails and stuff are not automatically downloaded.  Also turn off WiFi assist.  

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes. Cellular data must be turned on to use MMS texts but that in itself does not use data

with an iPhone you can turn off cellular data on per application basis. I think Facebook and maybe Instagram are culprits for background data usage. But you can go through your list of apps and turn on/off data as you see fit and your data useage should be minimal. 

Need Help? Let's chat.