cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2gb data add-on expiry?

Leaving
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can I do this on the 31st?

I don't have any money until tomorrow but that's the 31st.

I can't add the free add-on free data because I need to pay on my plan.

25 REPLIES 25

Leaving

I also have to pay $10 for a sim card!

Leaving

I'm getting really frustrated with the website.  It doesn't show what I owe anymore although it states insufficient funds from before.  I can't switch plans.

Maybe I'll pay $5 extra and switch to Koodo.  So sick of this crap!

@Leaving wrote:

I can't find my SIM card.  😞

@Leaving 

That is frustrating.  

Technically speaking, you could still activate your plan (without your SIM card) and get the 2GB add on and 500 long distance minutes add on before midnight EST today.  Then if you can't find your SIM card, you can purchase a new SIM card and replace the SIM card number in your self service account later.  

Leaving

I can't find my SIM card.  😞

@Leaving wrote:

dabr, I was using the KOHO CC to pay the bill via Autopay.    After taxes + $2 off, total was usually $42.94.

I don't owe that much right now.

@Leaving   If your Koho CC isn't maxed out, then just log into your account and select the payment tab, select manage my card and register it.  You just need to make sure the name and address match the CC statement and no spaces in the postal code.  Don't forget to enable autopay at that time.

You could also change to the $15/25 plan for the short term (if you want) and then make a payment for whatever is owing.  Once active you should be able to add your free holiday gifts.

Make sure to use a clean browser with incognito/privacy mode enabled if you decide to reactivate your account today or tomorrow.

Leaving
  • I owe $37.  

Leaving

dabr, I was using the KOHO CC to pay the bill via Autopay.    After taxes + $2 off, total was usually $42.94.

I don't owe that much right now.

@Leaving 

👍

Leaving

Okay, thanks guys!

Much appreciated. 

@Leaving    Do you have a CC?  Then you just need to register that card in your account and reactivate and would have another 2+ weeks before payment was needed to pay the CC statement?

@Leaving wrote:

kb_mv, nope, not 90 days.  Barely a month.  I hope it goes that smoothly. 

Sounds like I have until noon tomorrow to figure that out?  Ummmm....

@Leaving If it is as you say it is, you will have no issue. Just do it and purchase the free add ons before the stated time on the free offer.

Leaving

kb_mv, nope, not 90 days.  Barely a month.  I hope it goes that smoothly. 

Sounds like I have until noon tomorrow to figure that out?  Ummmm....

@Leaving    If the account has been inactive for less than 90 days, then yes do as suggested by @kb_mv .  

Leaving

dabr, nope, did not port my number.  It's inactive I guess?

I took a new # from Freedom since I wanted to try it out and avoid exactly what you're talking about. 

I hope I did and can do what the poster kb_mb suggested I can do?

@Leaving wrote:

Thanks dabr.

I don't have a desktop atm.

I decided to try Freedom Mobile.  Bad move. I originally was signing up to 8gb but Mobile Shop store employee said 500mb out of area data/roaming & 4gb data was a better deal.  I also think Freedom's signal/reception is worse.

I am paying $39 instead of $42.94 with PM (using Autopay).

Can I just put my PM Sim back in and tip up?  I am using a different # but want to use my PM # again.

Seems complicated so I hope it really isn't.

@Leaving As long as your account hasn't been expired for 90 days you can pop in the PM sim, top up, buy the free add ons and be good to go with your old number. Welcome back.

@Leaving wrote:

Thanks dabr.

I decided to try Freedom Mobile.  Bad move. I originally was signing up to 8gb but Mobile Shop store employee said 500mb out of area data/roaming & 4gb data was a better deal.  I also think Freedom's signal/reception is worse.

Can I just put my PM Sim back in and tip up?  I am using a different # but want to use my PM # again.

@Leaving    Did you port out your number?  If you did then your PM account is closed and you need to start fresh with a new SIM and a different email, although you can use an alias gmail.

Hi @Leaving 

I'm guessing in order to purchase (or receive free add-ons), you will need to have an account that is in an "active" status.

I would try to place a payment by credit card or voucher to bring the account to "active", then if you add the free data and international minutes, do so be end of day Dec 31.

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

Leaving

I meant top up.

I got the Koodo email, 8gb for $50, which is good but I don't think I can afford it right now.

PM has 6.5gb for $43-ish?  

Leaving

Thanks dabr.

@Leaving wrote:

"Your account is currently expired. You will need to top up to reactivate and purchase add-ons."

This site changed?  I can't quote people now?  

Anyway,  I can't top up til tomorrow.  😞

@Leaving   Yes PM did some updates to the Khorus platform and the quote button got removed and has not been replaced, despite many regulars asking for it's return.  You can still quote (only desktop) by clicking the 3 horizontal dots top right of anyone's post which expands the tool bar, then click the quotation marks.

So if your account is expired then yes you won't be able to add the free gifts until you pay.  Remember to add those before 11.59 pm ET though tomorrow.  Good luck.

Leaving

"Your account is currently expired. You will need to top up to reactivate and purchase add-ons."

This site changed?  I can't quote people now?  

Anyway,  I can't top up til tomorrow.  😞

@Leaving wrote:

It's not working. 

@Leaving   Can you explain a little more what you mean?  What happens when you select Purchase Add-ons? 

Also maybe try clearing your cache/cookies and use a different browser with incognito/privacy mode enabled before retrying.

Leaving

I tried that.

Leaving

It's not working. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving wrote:

Can I do this on the 31st?

I don't have any money until tomorrow but that's the 31st.

I can't add the free add-on free data because I need to pay on my plan.

@Leaving   You don't need any money if you're asking about PM's holiday gifts of 2GB + 500 international minutes.  Just log into your account and click Purchase Add-ons (halfway down the overview page) then select the two $0 add-ons from the selection and submit.  There will be no charge, but yes it's available until tomorrow, although you should redeem them now.

Need Help? Let's chat.