cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2GBBONUS

dazed4life
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I am currently on the $15 plan but would like to upgrade to the $35 plan with the extra 2 GB monthly bonus.  I need about 4 to 5 GB a month soon.  I know it is only available to new customers, so can I close my current account and open a new one to take advantage of the offer while not losing my #?possibly using my current sim card.   I would be forced to go to either Fido or Virgin otherwise.

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9

@dazed4life 

The best time to take advantage of possible promotional offers is December. While pm did have their third annual "More the Merrier" campaign and offered a $30 bonus referral credit they did not offer much more than the 2GBBONUS promocode and a free third month credit during their black Friday promotion. They also offered a half price sim card ($5) and a BOGO free.

I had two referrals who did not need very much data at all and were looking for a free month credit and would be satisfied with the $15 plan. Finally CCS put up a free third month credit for the $25 plan and I ordered 2 activation bundles on December 23rd with a free sim card and a 20% discount (at the time) off the first month. $20+gst only(since I live in bc)=$21. Keep in mind if you did this for yourself then you would be both the referrer and referred customer.

CCS activated both of these sim cards on December 31st but offered a 20% discount of a further 3 months of service to be added as a credit to the account. I took them up on this offer for one of the two accounts so consider how this would have benefited you in this situation.

Account #1.

• Saved $5+tax on the average price of a discounted sim card from CCS.
  • Saved $5+tax in the first month of service. $25 - $5=$20+$1(gst)=$21(saved pst $1.40)
  • As referrer you will recieve the $30 bonus referral credit ($5×6mos+$1×6mos)=$36
  • As the referred you will recieve the $10 bonus referral credit.
  • The third month credit is based on the plan you activate upon=$25 but you can schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $15 plan.
  • You will also recieve the $2 autopay reward×6 months=$12.
  • The $25 plan also stacked with the free 5gb data add on promo (value=$75).
  • The holiday gifts of the 2gb data add on (value=$30) and 500 international long distance calling minutes add on (value=$25)

For $21 you will recieve in credits and rewards $30+$10+$25=$65+$18($6+$12)=$83 - $75 (5×$15 plan)=$8 remaining credit after 6 months of service(1×$25plan+5×$15 plan)+$75+$30+$25=$130 in bonus add ons+$10 saved on the activation bundle=$223 for $21 or $3.50/30 days.

Account #2 

• Receives all of the above but recieved an additional $75 account credit by paying $84 up front and saves an additional $8 in pst along with the additional 20% discount=$15.
  • 6 more months×$2 autopay reward=$12+$6(6×$1 referral reward)=$18

$8 credit after 6 months+$75 additional credit=$83+$18 (rewards)=$91 - $90($15×6 months)=$1 Remaining credit after 12 months(30 day cycles)+$15+$8=$23 in savings+$18 rewards=$41 in additional value or $84 up front=$316 in product and services. $84÷12=$7/30days. If suspended and reactivated every 89/90 days the additional credit could extend this account two more years thru the 4th and 5th annual "More is Merrier" campaigns for more freebies or at least $55 in add on value.

@dazed4life 

The $40/5gb plan is only $5 more with the flexibility to downgrade you plan when you don't need the extra data. The promotion doesn't offer this kind of flexibility. While pm management did indicate that despite the offers terms and conditions that they will allow customers to upgrade their plan you can't downgrade it.

However if you plan ahead and order an activation bundle from Canadian Cell Supplies and then pounce on a good promotional offer by them and/or pm and stack offers you can activate a "data" account you can get a cheap account that you can suspend and reactivate when you need extra data to supplement your main account with your phone number. A dual SIM phone makes this option very convenient and there are quite a few community members that use this option.

I completely agree,  @dazed4life

On a positive note, if you were a customer before January 1st, you would have received one- time add on of 500 bonus minutes and 2GB bonus data.

IF YOU DIDN'T get these,  contact Customer Support Agents to request same. 

@dazed4life wrote:

Yes probably better to just go with a different company.  It's just stupid that one can't upgrade their plan to take advantage of a promotion.

Those types of promos are usually only to try to attract new customers.

PM is still a good deal, regardless. Make sure to use your valid credit card and set up Autopay for $2 Autopay Reward to reduce your regular plan costs. Check with family and friends if they might be interested in starting a PM account...you'll get Rewarded for that too.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@dazed4life wrote:

Hi

I am currently on the $15 plan but would like to upgrade to the $35 plan with the extra 2 GB monthly bonus.  I need about 4 to 5 GB a month soon.  I know it is only available to new customers, so can I close my current account and open a new one to take advantage of the offer while not losing my #?possibly using my current sim card.   I would be forced to go to either Fido or Virgin otherwise.

Thanks,

Just get a new sim and start a whole new (and separate) account with the plan amount you need. You need the new sim and different email address. You'll be required to select a new number though.

@dazed4life  I suppose you could do a hybrid of @HALIMACS  and @hairbag1 recommendations.

Start with creating a new account with a new SIM card and phone number, get your bonus addon.

While, in the meantime, port out your Public Mobile phone number to a different prepaid plan, so that you can get out easy enough, or port to a voip app. Whatever is most cost efficient.

EDIT: note - you will lose any available funds, rewards, loyalty when you port out.

Then you can port your original number back into your new account with the 2GB bonus.

Yeah, typing that all out does seem like a hassle; but I could see some determined people who could be happy with this process, I suppose

It would really be nice if Public Mobile would offer promos for existing customers to upgrade their existing plans similar to the offers for new customers. It would only benefit Public Mobile to get them their customers in high rate plans...maybe one day.

Good Luck!

dazed4life
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes probably better to just go with a different company.  It's just stupid that one can't upgrade their plan to take advantage of a promotion.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dazed4life wrote:

Hi

Thanks,

Just get a new sim and start a whole new (and separate) account with the plan amount you need. You need the new sim and different email address. You'll be required to select a new number though.

edit...then let old plan suspend and close down. Remove your credit card from account and disable Autopay on old account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dazed4life 

not qualified for existing customer that promo 2GB free,

for only new customers online activations.

If you really want this promo and extra data,
you will need to port to a different mobile company and then port back to Public mobile....
not Unable to port one PM number to another PM number.

However, if you don't have much rewards and a relatively new customer, it might be worth to do it,

and you will be start a whole new account with new SIM card to new activations to you will eligible for Get 2GB of Free monthly data on any plan $35, $40, $50, $60 $70, rate plans, for that Promo code  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB, just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

to get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store or gas station near you and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours,

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,

*important to you know about Transfer old your number,

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Good Luck..

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dazed4life 

It's only for new activations. 

You'd have to port your number out, then port back if you wanna keep it.(needing a new SIM card) 

Likely not worth the hassle.

Need Help? Let's chat.