cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

250mb for 15$ plan displaying but 250mb for auto pay not showing up anymore

bple
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all. I've had the $15 plan for two years now and I used to get 250mb for the plan and 250mb for auto pay. It appears over the last few months the 250mb for auto pay has vanished. Has there been a change from Public Mobile or is there a technical issue here.

Thanks in advance for your response,

Bob

12 REPLIES 12

@golfball wrote:

When I signed up (2020) it said 250mb with auto-pay, but I was immediately given access to the 250mb without enabling auto-pay. Once I did enable it I didn't get any extra.

There isn't supposed to be any extra data on top of the 250MB, aside from a time when Public Mobile incorrectly  adveertised the plan as including 500MB for a short period of time.

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When I signed up (2020) it said 250mb with auto-pay, but I was immediately given access to the 250mb without enabling auto-pay. Once I did enable it I didn't get any extra.

@Yummy- A long time ago there was wording that caused the misunderstanding. It seemed to clearly say that the plan has 250mb and then with autopay another 250mb. Some people seemed to have gotten it honoured. They have since changed the wording (iirc).

tzliu

@Yummy   The accounts are on the old reward system. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I do not recall $15 had Ever had 500MB.

'Offer' was 250MB IF you have autopay. Now $15 has 250MB by default since there is no more autopay reward for new customers.

tzliu

@bple   It seems that the 250MB disappeared a long while ago with auto-pay.  It may be due to my account (2+ years) being intermittently and intentionally suspended.  Not sure in your case.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Some of the wording around this plan once upon a time strongly suggested that there was an additional 250mb available with autopay. I seem to recall some people got it. They would have a total of 500mb. But I think it was rare.

An edit notation is always nice if adding further information unless cleaning up for typos/syntax

@bple wrote:

Hello all. I've had the $15 plan for two years now and I used to get 250mb for the plan and 250mb for auto pay. It appears over the last few months the 250mb for auto pay has vanished. Has there been a change from Public Mobile or is there a technical issue here.

This plan has never required pre-authorized payment to receive the 250MB.  250MB is a very small amount and it would be very easy to use up accidently.  Does it not show up if you check immediately upon renewal?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@bple   You still get the 250MB of data with the $15 plan, it's just that it's included in the plan regardless of having autopay or not.

You'll see how much you've used by logging into the account using incognito/private to avoid cached information.

WolverineCaz

Some of the promotions do come with an expiry.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@bple 

Your still getting that data.  It's just included as always.

Try logging into your account using a browser in incognito or private mode first.

Then check to see if you can see the data now.   

Need Help? Let's chat.