cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

250 Area Code

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My friend wants to join Public but she wants to keep her old phone number that has a 250 area code.  Is that possible?

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Lol...SECHELT.... is a rate centre and my go to for 604 area code numbers that are still considered the local caling area for Vancouver and the lower mainland.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

250-327 has rate center in Nanaimo, It is a Bell Mobility number but Telus has rate centre in Nanaimo so, you can port the number here

This is were to check rate centre  : 

https://cnac.ca/data/COCodeStatus_NPA250.htm

ecowen

@ecowen and @BKNS27   is not where you reside but where the number's "Rate center" determines  the portability.. Sechelt is not a rate centre.    what is the next 3 digits after 250?  

ecowen

Sechelt

@BKNS27 wrote:

@ecowen 

Yes she can port her number over to PM as long as she lives in rural BC.

Where does she reside?

The number porting eligibility cannot be determined for sure with the information that has been already provided. Also, it's not really where she resides that's a factor, but rather the city of the phone number (which can be different than where the person lives, esepcially when it comes to cell phones).

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ecowen 

Yes she can port her number over to PM as long as she lives in rural BC.

Where does she reside?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Just keeping you on your toes. 🙂 I see it more as explaining why the edit was made beyond just typos. That wasn't a typo. It was a whole other piece. Apology accepted. 

Yes, i know  the timestamp.. but i was definitely not copy the link from you and then made my update.  I was looking from my note.   again my apology.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Well...I would have. But that's just me. Otherwise I wouldn't've posted. Your edit timestamp is after my initial post timestamp.

Yes @Anonymous  when I made the first post, you haven't make the post yet and hence I add the link

added the update note and sorry.. since no one replied yet at that moment, I decided to add the 2nd line instead of adding a 2nd post.  I don't want people think i am trying to post multiple times (you know my "twiin" is all over me tonight) . but my fault for not putting the Update note.  My Apology

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ecowen : You've been here a while...you do know about porting/transferring numbers right? But yes as above not _all_ numbers are transferable for a different reason.

This link will tell you whether a Telus related company can bring in a certain number.

Edit: How about an edit indication there  @softech 🙂 You only had the one line at first.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ecowen   very likely yes, but you have to give us the next 3 digit after 250 for us to lookup for you

[update: added probably around the same time as @Anonymous  post below  🙂 ]

or check it here yourself, (it said Koodo, but both Koodo and Public Mobile are owned by Telus, if it said you can port into Koodo, then you can port into Telus)

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Need Help? Let's chat.