cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25 refer-a-friend credit: not there after 3 days

sm-pm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I received a text message from Public Mobile on Friday Sept 23 saying that the $25 refer-a-friend promo was active again until Sept 30.  I signed up my kid using my referral code on Sunday Sept 25.  As of today (Wed Sept 28), neither of our accounts shows the expected $5/month credit.  When should we expect to see the credit?

Thank you in advance, 

sm-pm

11 REPLIES 11

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

First $5 should show in your balance/transactions on October 7. And the first Friday of the next 4 months. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sm-pm   The promo RAF credit is usually added to the account the month following the activation based on previous similar RAF promo offers, which should be towards the end of first week in October for this promo.  However, some customers have reported receiving it later than the first week of the month for prior promos.

sm-pm

Thanks for your reply.  Was this your own personal experience, ie that it took more than a week? 

sm-pm

Indeed I did see the standard $10 credit already, just not the promo $5.

sm-pm

Hi, there was no link.  The exact text of the message was this:  "Public Mobile here.  Refer-a-friend so you and your friend can save $25.  Until September 30, 2022, we will give you and your friend a $5 credit every 30 days for up to five months as long as you and your friend stay with us.  If you no longer wish to hear about Public Mobile offers visit bit.ly/1n8ObE"

Considering that they had the same promo ending on Sept 2 (?) I think they must run it fairly often...?  

@BKNS27 wrote:

@dust2dust 

I thought it takes 72 hours or 3 days to add into OP account?

@BKNS27- The standard $10 one for the new account yes. They should indeed have seen that by now (or not). But they're asking about the promo.

@dust2dust 

I thought it takes 72 hours or 3 days to add into OP account?

@BKNS27- Again with knowing what's going on around here. The promo referral credit will not be in their account yet.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sm-pm 

It should be in your account by now and will apply on your next renewal date.

You can contact a CS_Agent to look into it for you.

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sm-pm 

you will see the credit applied on first week of october.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What did the text say? Was there a link for more details? I think it said that it would be the first week of October.

Need Help? Let's chat.