cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25 Referral Bonus Promotion - What Happens if I Refer 2 People?

s_shard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I recently got an email about a $25 referral bonus.  "Refer-a-friend so you and your friend can save $25. For a limited time, we will give you and your friend a $5 credit every 30 days for up to five months as long as you and your friend stay with us."

Here's my question:

What happens if I refer 2 people during the promotion?  I understand it is "Limited to one credit per customer", so one person can't get more than $25.

Does that mean if I refer 2 people, I get $25 and both other people get $25?  Or does the second person not get the promotion at all?

Thanks in advance,

Samuel

8 REPLIES 8

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Technically, A can refer B, then B refer C next day.  B could get $50.

And oracle NDesai had also made this statement presumably from his inside information. It's certainly where it would always be preferred that the community manager step in and confirm these things. Or that oracles repeat verbatim what that inside information said. I'm sure someone has long since tagged them in other threads but here's another. @J_PM 

@s_shard- If you're still reading 🙂 the solution mentions $1. That's if you're on the old rewards system (without looking at your history and so for the benefit of other readers). In the new system you would get a point.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@s_shard 

Everyone who gets referred during this promotion gets the $25 extra credit. Only the refer is limited to receiving one $25 extra credit. This was shown to be true and the last referral promotion in June when a customer was less than thrilled to find out that by using her referral code twice with her two sons activation she only got one $25 credit whereas had she used first child's referral code to activate the second child's account the extra $25 would have been paid out. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

I have the same question myself, too.  🤔

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@s_shard   Honest, I would go with CS agent for clarification.    I understand you will for sure getting only once of the $5 x 5 months.  But are both of your friends going to get that? or just the first friend?   To be on a safe side, please open ticket with CS agent for clarification

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@s_shard 

The rules states that both of your friends will get the $5 for 5 months. You will also get $5 for 5 months on the first friend but your second referral, you will only get $2 or 2 point/month credit for referring both friends.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@s_shard- pretty sure each of them will get the $25.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@s_shard Hi yes they will both get 25 spread out over five months and you’ll get 25 for the first one and only one dollar per month for the second

Need Help? Let's chat.