cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25 Refer a friend promotions terms and conditions

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you participated in the August 2022 $25 RAF promotion and signed up one person would that have made you ineligible for the September 2022 $25 RAF promotion to receive the $25 again?

Had this come up in a discussion with a customer service agent.

My understanding is that as referer you're only eligible for $25  (5 x $5) each promotion period. When one promotion period expires (ie mid Aug to Aug31) then you're eligible for the next promotion., each one stands alone. 

Am I missing something here?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@EdN 

Well that's just plain wrong so if you are like me and refuse to accept the string of BS they are giving you its time to up the ante unless @J_PM steps in to set the customer support department straight. I have several accounts who have recieved more than one bonus referral credit promotion. Some have recieved without a hitch while others I have had to fight tooth and nail to get it. I will update this post with a direct quote from the supervisor who finally resolved my September RAF issue. If they still refuse then tell them you will be filing a complaint with both the C C T S and the Competition Bureau of Canada. If that doesn't result in the appropriate resolution from a supervisor, manager or the koodo escalations department send me a private message and I will advise you on how to formally complain to both agencies.

Edit:

Apologies to Nora as I kept your name out of previous replies but apparently your words fell on deaf ears.

@EdN 

Here is the reply I recieved verbatim except with personal info removed.

Re: Did not receive first of $5×5 month referral credit

Hello darlicious

My name is Nora, a supervisor on duty, thank you for your patience on this matter, I was reviewing the conversation and I went back to the promotion you are referring to,it was originally from Aug 15the to Sept 2nd, then we got another one from Sep 23rd until Oct 1st. In this case the numbers are eligible for the $25 credit.
Checking the numbers, the ones that are missing the credit are ph# XXXXXXXXXX and Ph# XXXXXXXXXX  which I will apply  right now.
About the terms and conditions you have a point as it does not specify that only one promo can be active at the time but our system will not recognize a new one while there is one already active.I will make sure to pass the feedback so we can have more detailed guidelines in the future.

Thanks again for your patience 

Sincerely Nora.

So since no new guidelines were put in place stating that bonus referral credit promotions are not stackable other than there is one promotional credit per customer per promotion. Each promotion has its own expiry date so the terms and conditions of each individual promotion apply to that promotion only and cannot be assumed to apply generally to all similar promotions. The Competition Bureau of Canada has very strict rules regarding marketing like this....it's called bait and switch. They also have very high fines to deal with businesses that continue these deceptive marketing practices. But I am sure this is just the normal poor communication between management and support staff at Public Mobile and not anything criminal?!! 🤔

😀

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

HI,  they are still insisting that the promotion period is the 5 months that the payments are being made and you are not elligible to participate in another one until the 5 months are up.

I was able to be awarded half of the October promotion (for which they tell me I was not eligible for while my September payments are still taking place until February 2023)

Here is the copy of that discussion with CS Agent Rod this morning, Nov8/22

Refer a friend $25 promotion payments.

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked the information along with the marketing department, and in deed, this referral promo is not stackable. 

According to our system, your promotion started on September, and this is the monthly credit that you are currently receiving each month. At the moment the credit from September has been applied on October 20th (5$) and November 4th (5$) you are missing 15 dollars which will be applied 5$ a month, until February. On February you will be able to do another referral under the 25 dollar promotion. This means that the referral made on October will not apply because there is a current active promotion of 25 dollars on your account. 

Basically the promotion is available once every 5 months. The system does not make more adjustments once there is already one active. 

I understand there has been a lot of confusion in regards to this issue along all the conversation. But the information provided this time is correct. The promo is not stackable. What I could d in order to help you, and for all the confusion this may have caused you, is to provide you half of the credit for the promotion in October, which is not valid since the on for September is still active. But I could apply a 13 dollar credit, and then you would still be receiving the missing 15$ and by February, apply again to another 25 dollar promo for the next 5 months. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

😀

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There it is. 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@EdN 

Please read my thread and give a link to it to the agent.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/September-RAF-5-Credit/td-p/887420

@J_PM 

Why is this continuing to be an issue as the supervisor promised me that the CSA's would be given the correct information going forward. The OP is not the only customer that has communicated this problem since I settled my issue. This is unacceptable customer service by pm and certainly not considered customer support. As I have previously quoted Chris Webby... "You would fire them." in the real world. Is this the "Bizarro" world?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@EdN I think @darlicious can share with you her experience on this topic 

Need Help? Let's chat.