cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$20 Bonus referral credit

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

A $20 bonus referral credit is being sent out by public mobile in your text messages mostly aimed at new customers and those customers with little or no referrals. Activate your friend by February 28th to take advantage if this one time offer. 

Your friend gets $10 and you get $20 + the usual $1 per month. Check your texts.

Edit: Its against the ToS to post your referral code in the forum or spam members private messages.

44 REPLIES 44

kingofqueens
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Gunner123 @Thank you very much my friend. That answers my question. Maybe I should read the whole text next time lol. Cheers !!

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kingofqueens wrote:

One of my friends activated over a week ago, and I only had the $1 applied for my monthly deduction. I haven’t received the one-time $20 yet. I just referred another friend today and the same thing happened. Maybe they wait a month ?

@kingofqueens the 20 dollar referral is a one time thing it say it will be applied early march if you received the text saying you were targeted

kingofqueens

Thanks for the heads up. On the plus side, it’s still an extra $1 off per month. Every but counts lol.

kingofqueens

One of my friends activated over a week ago, and I only had the $1 applied for my monthly deduction. I haven’t received the one-time $20 yet. I just referred another friend today and the same thing happened. Maybe they wait a month ?

kingofqueens

I’m in the same boat as you. I wonder why.

@LurganIeUk 

Yes....they show your referral code in your text offer and specifically state the offer is only valid for XXX000. ( fake obviously)

@Quigley wrote:

Those promo codes for $20 / $10  combo credits do have expiry dates.

There is no promo code for this offer. 

@Yuncatherinewan  wrote:

The lady in the London drug activated the SIM card and she told me that my code was expired. So it’s impossible for us to activate it again. 😪

Referral code do not expire as long as it is from an active account. She might be referring to a promotional code? You can still get the referral code added to your account so the referral can get the $1 credit. As for the $10/$20 credit to your account, it will depend if the moderator feel generous for this specific scenario. Do explain what happened by contacting them. 

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Those referral codes for $20 / $10  combo credits do have expiry dates.

@Yuncatherinewan wrote:

The lady in the London drug activated the SIM card and she told me that my code was expired. So it’s impossible for us to activate it again. 😪

Referral codes don't expire. I believe she entered it in the promo code box instead of the referral code area.  For considering, you'll need to open a ticket by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Yuncatherinewan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Yuncatherinewan wrote:

Hi there! I need help in using this $20 credit and $10 for the person I recommended Public to. I referred one person to Public Mobile but was told that my code couldn’t be used. So I didn’t get the $20 credit and the person still paid $10 to buy the SIM card. I was a bit angry as well as upset. I wonder why? Who can help me solve the issue?

Why couldn't your referral use your referral code? Did your code not work or was the activation done at a retailer and the code wasn't entered?  As for the $10 for a SIM card, that is the regular price for it and I don't know know of any promotion that was advertised as being in conjunction with this $20 credit offer.

You can't use that referral code when you're buying your sim card. It's to be used when your friend activates their sim card and plan. Then you and your friend will get your credits.

Yuncatherinewan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there! I need help in using this $20 credit and $10 for the person I recommended Public to. I referred one person to Public Mobile but was told that my code couldn’t be used. So I didn’t get the $20 credit and the person still paid $10 to buy the SIM card. I was a bit angry as well as upset. I wonder why? Who can help me solve the issue?

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk : Normal.

So if normal.  Don't get me wrong here....do you think PM is sophisticated enough to flag some specific referral codes for the special deal???

@LurganIeUk 

Text offers usually only occur for a few days and are not offered or sent out after that time. I would say its highly unlikely new customers activating after the initial text offer would qualify.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : Normal.

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

It was probably this offer....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/For-a-limited-time-Get-an-extra-20-Cred...

Yes, I see that now. But still wonder if 2 people started today, obviously with out the text, would  person 1 using persons 2 referral code get the $20 and $10? And better yet if person 2 used a friends referral code as well. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@shep22 : Here's the "View all" from my previous post.

fullpromotext.jpg

The referral code that you blanked out...was it your normal referral code.....a different code....or your normal code with a prefix or suffix??

@LurganIeUk 

Just because you have a new account or an older account with no referrals does not give you this offer. You must have recieved the text to guarantee you are eligible.

You refer to an untexted offer that you recieved $20 bonus referral credits last year? I believe that was the last general bonus referral offered by public mobile to all customers at the end of November  2019. It ran in conjunction with the black friday sale and expired either New Years eve/day or a couple days after....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : My vote would be not the middle one. I would think one ought to get the text to be eligible. But as always around here... YMMV.

So what would happen if today a husband and wife signed up. The wife account is first and uses a friends referral code  husband uses her referral code. 

Friend gets $20?

Wife gets $10?

=========then=======

Wife gets $20?

Husband gets $10?

Wife gets $0?

Husband gets $10?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shep22 : Here's the "View all" from my previous post.

fullpromotext.jpg

@computergeek541 wrote:

@bw0 wrote:

The text reads:
"Refer a friend by Feb 28 to get a $20 one-time bonus plus the usual Reward - $10 for them and $1/mo for you..."
Does "one-time" imply that we can get the extra $20 only once (i.e. for only the first referral), or does it merely mean that we get a single $20 bonus (instantly or pseudo-instantly) and $1/mo for each referral?

Each time that Public Mobile has made this offer to customers who haven't referred many others, there has been a lmit of one $20 credit.

Last year I received 2 x $20 and was NOT aware nor made aware of this fantastic offer. Perhaps targeted to some but actually happens for all new referrals during the time period???

shep22

@Triguy wrote:

You need to refer new customers to PM to setup a new account.

A $20 bonus referral credit is being sent out by public mobile in your text messages mostly aimed at new customers and those customers with little or no referrals. Activate your friend by February 28th to take advantage if this one time offer. 

Your friend gets $10 and you get $20 + the usual $1 per month. Check your texts.

@Triguy hello do you know when you get this credit if you received the text and referred a friend?

fujiyama

Thanks to this post, I just went and checked but didn't get the text 😞 Too had, because it would have made me advertise the current promo a bit more lol

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow how did she get to réfère that many people? All friend and family?

@computergeek541 wrote:

This is a targeted offer. If your account hasn't been marked as eligible, referring someone won't get you a $20 credit.  These offers were much more popular in the past when they were open to all existing customers and there wasn't any limit of the number of $20 or $25 credis that the referrer could receive.

Heh, reminds me - in late 2019 I had 4 referrals with my wifes code, and she received a $20 credit for each... She had many months of effectively free service on the $15 plan with that $80 credit decrementing at $9/mo. 😁

@hk0617 wrote:

How can I get this credit?

This is a targeted offer. If your account hasn't been marked as eligible, referring someone won't get you a $20 credit.  These offers were much more popular in the past when they were open to all existing customers and there wasn't any limit of the number of $20 or $25 credis that the referrer could receive.

Need Help? Let's chat.