cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15GB 4G speed promo - Plan not switched over?

MartinKow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I selected the 15GB 4G speed promo to take effect upon renewal and received confirmation. However when I login to my account now after renewal, it seems to not have switched over to the new plan. Can someone please fix this issue?

16 REPLIES 16

C'mon now dust2dust, since when has something not being easy ever stopped you?   

I recall you being the master of self experimentation and all.  If something has a workaround, you'd find it.

Indeed a laudable trait.

😉

Have you been reading all the threads from customers having difficulty with submitting tickets or sending private messages? Doesn't seem quite so easy to me.

Sure - the easy thing would be to just schedule a plan change.

For us regulars, it's easy peasy.

For many others, it may be just as easy to submit a ticket asking for an immediate plan change without being charged a full extra amount, and the excess funds over and above the prior plan value placed in available funds.

Also easy. 

👍

I reach for this at every opportunity:

dust2dust_0-1673798247106.png

Yes, and that's the way PM designed its customer support.

I do not consider engaging them "bothering" in any way.

It's what they're paid to do, and it's what customers are paying to receive, as limited they may be in other ways.

The choice is really up to the customer what they prefer to do, wait or not. 

Yes bothering.

So customer needs to fuss with the ticket submission, wait for the reply, talk through what they need to do then the agent thinks through the process, ok let's see, so the customer needs to add more money (probably/assuming) then they will need to know that a new 30 day plan will start, ok immediate plan change now, done.

I agree that the customer is entitled. I also know that the first attempt at a yes campaign did not work even with the text reply confirmation. The second one did work. Although even that was not immediate. I only happened to look shortly before the renewal to see oh it did happen. But not the first campaign.

Not bothering support means doing it oneself and hoping autopay will work (sometimes it won't do plan changes properly) and carrying on with the same renewal dates schedule that they know and not spending the time with support.

Their choice.

"Bothering" ?

If the OP wants the change, expected it, and felt they responded appropriately, they're entitled to it.

The CSA's should kindly fulfill this request without hesitation, unless the OP can wait another 30 days. 

Their choice. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I wouldn't bother bothering anybody for this. Just go in and change to that plan for the next renewal. It's still available.

@HALIMACS @Yes that is correct your right @MartinKow @in any event this should be all the confirmation you need to show support if it has not taken effect on your renewal , I’m sure you will be able to get this resolved with out much issue 

@Handy1 wrote:

@MartinKow @Did you reply YES2 a promotion text for this plan ? Is that confirmation you have that it should have changed ?

Close @Handy1 

The "YES2" response entitled folks to the More the Merrier bonus data and international calling add-on.

The "YES" reply was required to the targeted group for the plan upgrade option.

Only difference is the number 2.   Honestly, Public Mobile should have differentiated these two items better as it's likely caused some confusion for some folks.   🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MartinKow @Did you reply YES2 a promotion text for this plan ? Is that confirmation you have that it should have changed ? If yes and you still have text message of that , screen shot in and reach out to support as this plan is no longer on the website and support should be able to honour it for you 

Getting help from agent

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get                       

Or get help right here in the community

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

@MartinKow 

Can you confirm the amount taken from your payment card (or credit card)?   Just want to be sure the amount is the same before you use the Change Plan option in self-serve to change plans on next renewal.

The other option (if you wish the change to occur more immediately), is to ask the Customer Support Agents to make this happen on an immediate basis.   Let them know you requested the change based on the SMS campaign last month and it didn't happen.

They can ensure this is done without an extra full cycle charges being applied.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

MartinKow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Nope. Still shows old plan. I never selected this. How do I get this issue resolved?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@MartinKow 

As we are only customers like you, we can't confirm your particular account details, but we can help you sort things out without needing customer support.

Further to the likely caching issues, if you confirm the amount from the payment card (credit card) that was withdrawn, you'll know for sure whether the new plan is in effect.   

You can view that either on your payment card transactions or within the Payment tab in Public Mobile's self-serve site.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MartinKow 

Try again  incognito mode/private mode or simply try refreshing the page on the yellow circle while signed in to public mobile

Handy1_0-1673789947178.jpeg

Refresh page.                                ^^^            

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@MartinKow 

Logging in issues are common with PM's website, which displays outdated information.

• Try clearing cache and cookies and opening an incognito tab
  • Try using a completely different browser from a completely different device which does not have stored/remembered credentials
  • If using a device with stored/remembered credentials on Chrome browser, sometimes when these autofill, the device also attempts to automatically log you in.  If a device does this, do not tap the sign in button while it is trying to log you in as it will deliver an error message

Also, try tapping the highlighted area when logged into self-serve for a refreshed page version:

HALIMACS_0-1673789931927.png

If after the above, you are STILL displaying to be on the prior plan, schedule a plan change under your Plans and Add On's to the desired plan for the NEXT RENEWAL date.

Need Help? Let's chat.