cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 unlimited incoming call question

Forest2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife's plan, same as mine, is the $15.00 per month plan. She is in hospital right now and has approached her 100 minutes of outgoing calls, but it seems the supposedly unlimited incoming calls are going straight to her voicemail after five rings. Please explain why I can't call to her now?

13 REPLIES 13

rkharaud

Hi - are you sure you have good coverage in the hospital? For example if you're near imaging modalities a lot of rooms are encased in lead. This affects cell coverage. If this doesnt apply to your situation please ignore.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Forest2 

I got ya. Scam spam texts and calls.  You came to the right place! Text YES2 to 4911 by end of month as already mentioned.  Suggest that you check announcements and perhaps book mark them. It covers here what to expect ahead of time. For past 3 years it has been a regular freebie. See here. 

Forest2

Thanks Golfball. I just did that and got their confirmation of the add on to MY phone, but I'm still flummoxed at getting hold of the wife on her phone. She is out of hospital tomorrow though, so we will get that sorted then.

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Even if you've deleted it you should still be able to text the message YES2 to the phone number 4911 to get the free 500 minutes long distance add-on and 2GB of data.

@Forest2   If you have access to your wife's account then I'd also recommend that you instead buy the 500 Canada wide minute add-on for $5 instead of using the gifted international minutes as they are more expensive to purchase if you have family/friends to call on the list of countries available to be called internationally.

edit:  BTW, here's a link to send a private message to CS_Agent if unable to submit a ticket via chatbot:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Forest2

Thanks walker1. I went to that Simon bot and I found it is an exercise in futility to get anywhere when dealing with their robotic system! So many different passwords needed, hoops to jump through and then I can't be assured I will be dealing with an actual human being! I gave up with that nonsense after about half an hour of entering info, only to get the RED lines telling me something entered was incorrect!  ARGGHHHHH!!! 

Forest2

Thanks hairbag1. Yes, I did receive that text, but due to the number of texting scams I have already seen on my phone, like from Amazon, I am highly suspicious of any text that asks me to respond with a typed text message. I have to assume my wife got that text too, but she is pretty much a numpty when it comes to texting, so she probably never looked at it. I just deleted the text on my phone.

@gordonyu 

It works like this...suppose you have accepted the More Is Merrier 500 minutes and it's sitting on your account. Suppose you have the $15 plan with 100 minutes of outgoing Canada calls.

If you manage to use up all your 100 regular plan minutes...the 500 More Is Merrier minutes will kick in until next renewal occurs. If you haven't used all 500 minutes by the time your next regular plan renewal...any remaining will carry over until next time you need'em.

Perdy good deal, right !

gordonyu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

confuse: is the 500 minutes adding on the 100 minutes or not?  Like, if 150 minutes were used for INT'L, were the 100 minutes already used at the same time automatically and the 50 minutes would be extra charged as local calls?

Thanks

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Our land line is a $15 PM plan. No issues here. 

@Forest2 For outbound calls any of your LD add ons will be used if the 100 have been used. I suggest that you buy 2 x $5 500 minute Canada Wide add ons. 

By any chance is wife on another call? Any DND Settings?. Or battery is needing a recharge?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Forest2....a bit off subject but...

did both you and wife receive the More is Merrier text offer of 2GB's of free data and 500 minutes of Int'l calling add-on ? You replied YES2 and got confirmation ...right ?

The reason I ask is that the 500 minutes of Int'l calling will also work for Canada wide calls if / when you or her run outta your 100 minutes of calling.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Forest2   Look like there have been many reports about problem with  incoming calls in the last 2 days, could be an issue with PM network. 

But please try this :

first, reseat the sim card.  Power off phone, take sim out for a minute and then put it back and power on

Then  change the Preferred network type to 3G Only for couple days and see if it works. Try to have someone to call you when you are in different area, not just your home or office.  This can confirm if it is a local network issue or not

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Forest2 

This problem is happening a lot lately.

You should reach out to a Customer Support Agent and have them look into your sim card and it's provisions.

Use the Chat Bot Simon to get a service ticket started first.

You can find the link at the bottom of this page.

Need Help? Let's chat.