cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan is missing the unlimited incoming calls

david36
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, my parents' $15 plan originally had unlimited incoming calls. For some reason, this month, their incoming calls started using up their 100 minutes, so now they don't have many minutes left within the first few days of the billing cycle. I am wondering if something has changed? When we asked SIMon bot regarding the plan and usage history, the bot replied that the account has unlimited incoming calls and very little outgoing usage. However, when we signed into the account to view the usage history, the plan is missing the unlimited incoming calls and the incoming calls are being counted towards the 100 minutes. Thanks in advance for your help.

13 REPLIES 13

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@david36When did they sign up? Prior to approximately mid-2019, the $15 plan offered by Public Mobile did not include unlimited incoming minutes. After that, customers would have to actively switch their plan to the "current" $15 plan to gain unlimited incoming calls. Without switching it, it's possible your parents could still be on that old plan.

A quick test would be to login to the self-service portal and note the current minutes used. (And make sure it's up to date by clicking the little circle-arrow in the bottom right corner of that section). Then call their number, have them answer for a minute or less. Then after the call, click the little circle-arrow icon again to refresh the usage and see if the minutes usage has changed. if it has, then they have the old $15 plan that does not include incoming minutes, if it didn't then they must have had some outgoing call usage that they have not accounted for, and further review of the call logs would be prudent...

Unfortunately with the "new" self-service portal, it is not obvious from the plan description which version you have. I am on the current $15 plan, and it no longer explicitly includes the line "unlimited incoming calls"... But when I select "Plan & Add-Ons" then "Change my Plan", It shows my "last plan" as $15, and no option to choose a $15 plan on the right-side pane. I suspect if I was on one of these "old" $15 plans, I would also have the option of choosing a $15 plan on the right side.

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

removed incoming 

@Alexandf wrote:

@david36 

if you calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan incoming minutes.

Really eh? lol

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@david36 

Download the usage history for the past 90 days. Add up the outgoing calling from the previous 30-day cycle. Then add up the outgoing calling for the current 30-day cycle up until the point in time that the 10 minutes remaining text message came in. Do you have 90 minutes in total?

It sounds to me that the minute counter did not reset upon renewal. If you get 90 minutes give or take a minute then contact customer support and ask them to reset the minute counter(s) on the account(s).

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Simon to submit a support to request ticket. They are closed for today but you can still send one in and they will reply to your private message box in the morning.

Your private message box is the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar. When you see a little number pop up that is likely a reply from a customer support agent. Responding promptly will speed up service times but usually they respond within the hour.

Alexandf

@david36 

if you calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The incoming is no longer mentioned in the new system. But the chatbot gives that confirmation. Open chatbot, yes you're a customer, Sign in, enter login ids, Manage my account, View more options, View plan information.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@david36...they should consider getting the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. The add-on minutes get used if they run outta regular plan minutes. Any unused add-on minutes will roll over until used...even if that takes several months or more.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@david36   first, please use Incognito mode to login to My Account, using Incognito mode would assure you got the most updated usage and not cached

Also, with the usage history, there is a problem with the filter on the page (as explained in my post earlier: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Usage-History-page-Filter-problem/td-p/84...).  Best is to use download the usage history in xls format and then use Excel to filter it to confirm the outgoing minute usage.  Please remember, all calls are round up to the next minute, e.g.,  a 52 seconds call will be counted as 1 minute, a 2 minutes 1 seconds call will be counted as 3 minutes

Alexandf

@david36 

clear cache,cookie, Login from computer open incognito mode. in the corner in a roundabout press on updated.

refresh.jpg

Alexandf

@david36 

that for incoming calls has 100 minutes maybe you use all or if have it just ignore those text.

david36
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@AlexandfThanks for the quick response. They got a text message from Public Mobile saying they have less than 10 minutes left. Can they just ignore this?

Alexandf

@david36 

you not see it but they has it unlimited incoming calls, don't worry about it.

Need Help? Let's chat.