cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan - 100 mins Unlimited incoming

Mattsse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We are new to public mobile and signed up for the $15 plan with 100 mins.  We had a warning that we had only so many minutes left which I found odd.  I reviewed the usage and found about 100 mins in total listed between incoming and outgoing, but outgoing I only found maybe 20 mins or so.  Am I missing something here?  I keep reading inbound is free and I know we didn't have 45 mins of voice messages.

Thank you for your help,

Matt

6 REPLIES 6

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Mattsse wrote:

We are new to public mobile and signed up for the $15 plan with 100 mins.  We had a warning that we had only so many minutes left which I found odd.  I reviewed the usage and found about 100 mins in total listed between incoming and outgoing, but outgoing I only found maybe 20 mins or so.  Am I missing something here?  I keep reading inbound is free and I know we didn't have 45 mins of voice messages.

Thank you for your help,

Matt

You might be on old plan version without unlimited incoming. Other factors are per minute rounding up, calling your voicemail to listen, or if you've used call forwarding. Also, you call someone and they don't have voicemail and it rings for 5 minutes like a landline and then someome answers, that is at least counting as 6 minute call.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mattsse 

What is shown on your plan details?

• - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Text

If you do not have "100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes", you have the older version of this plan.  Schedule a plan change to the current $15 plan at your next renewal.

Do you see this usage line on your overage page?

The following usage is from my $15 plan.  I have used 3 minutes out of my monthly 100 minutes.

100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
3  /  100 MIN

How many minutes you have used so far?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@MattsseTo add to what @GR had said.. CHECKING your voicemail counts as minutes.. but Leaving a voicemail does not. Since each call is rounded up to the nearest minute, if you check voicemail often it could count quite a bit.

@Mattsse   do you use call forwarding by any chance?  That goes against your  Minutes 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Mattsse hi check in your self serve under data and add ons it will give you an accurate number of outgoing minutes you have left,remember every outgoing call even if its 1 sec it will count as a minute

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Contact a moderator for this inquiry. I also have the $15 plan but I’ve never gotten charged for incoming calls, only outgoing.

Need Help? Let's chat.