cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 phone plan

shcanomi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good afternoon;

I recently switched to the $15 phone plan.  I see it includes 100 outgoing minutes per month.  Is that 100 minutes total or are evenings/weekends free?  Just not sure when is the best time for me to make outgoing calls or if it matters with this plan.  Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@shcanomi wrote:

I recently switched to the $15 phone plan.  I see it includes 100 outgoing minutes per month.  Is that 100 minutes total or are evenings/weekends free?  Just not sure when is the best time for me to make outgoing calls or if it matters with this plan.  Thank you!

The best time to use up remaining 30-day-plan minutes is on day 30. 😉 But the non-expiring $5 500 minute add on is a good backup buy as many have already mentioned here.

Some other tips for the $15 plan:

• Incoming calls do not consume minutes. Sometimes you can get your friends to call you in the guise of courtesy without sounding frugal - "Hey, when you have a moment can you give me a call?"
  • Outgoing calls to toll-free numbers do not consume your minutes. (800, 888, etc)
  • You still have unlimited texting & MMS - even if you use up all your data
  • You will receive a text when there are 10 minutes remaining in your available minutes - even with add-on minutes. (unlike data)
  • Outgoing calls that are not answered do not consume minutes. Calls that ARE answered, count from the moment it STARTED ringing.

Suggested add-ons for $15 monthly plan.

Suggested add-ons to bullet proof the $15 plan. Both my wife and I are slowly growing mobile phone users of our $15 mobile plans and the one time cost of $10 makes our plans as good as any. And of course, once set up, one will have to manage these add-ons to keep the “GOOD COMBINATION” in place and maintenance cost should be minimal.

The add-on combinations below do NOT expire until minutes are used up.

GOOD COMBINATION. More flexibility, less overall cost.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

=======

$10

There is no longer a “NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION” !!!!

Note the $5 add-on would kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The reason for 2 x $5 add-ons, assuming most of your calls are Canada Wide, is......once 1 x $5 is used up and you are now using the second $5 add-on ......buy another $5 add-on.

So now is the time to select the “BEST FOR YOU” Long Distance Plan(s). It will be nice to able to contact friends and family in so may countries at a very reasonable cost.

And keep in mind you must be in Canada to use these plans. Just look and the cost per minute calculations…..I DON’T KNOW WHY I EVEN HAVE A LAND LINE ANY MORE!!!

And some fantastic long distance add on packages.

All inbound calls from Canada or any country to you while you are located in Canada are free.

Calls must originate in Canada

Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

500 Canada Wide Long Distance Minutes $5 or 1 cents/min.

1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes $15 or 1.5 cents/min.

1000 U.K. Long Distance Minutes $15 or 1.5 cents/min.

750 India & Pakistan Long Distance Minutes $15 or 2 cents/min.

500 China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan Long Distance Minutes $15 or 3 cents/min.

100 Philippines Long Distance Minutes $15 or 15 cents/min.

300 International Long Distance Minutes $15 or 5 cents/min.

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726. Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

From what I have found, there are extra charges to dial these area codes and a number of Telcos either don’t allow calls to them or add hefty surcharges. Public Mobile has elected to not allow calls to these area codes listed.

Note 1: The add ons above I have mentioned do NOT expire until all the minutes have been used. The unused minutes roll over month to month until all exhausted.

In certain conditions DATA can be very helpful and now the add on 1GB Data that does not expire until used up, has been permanently reduced to $15 (originally $30)

If you have the option to call an 800 number over a local number or LD number, choose the 800 number, those 800 number calls do NOT deduct from your allotted outbound minutes.

Note 2: Rewards programs and freebies.

Keep in mind the value of “Rewards that’ll lower your bill”.

Freebies that may be offered as in pre Christmas 2019 for 1GB of Data and 400 International Long Distance minutes. And August 2020 some of us were offered 5GB if add on Data while others were offered 1GB of add on Data AND 1000 minutes of Canada wide calling. They treat us very well.

Note 3: Other ways to save money.

Use Wi-Fi  Zoom, FaceTime Video or Audio only, iMessage or an APP such as Google Duo, Skype, Fongo or a VoIP service like VoIP.ms.

Use Wi-Fi based APP for outbound calls “if” it will allow you to use your PM number as the caller ID. Google Hangouts apparently does. Cost is free.

Zoiper used with VoIP.ms works too over Wifi but does cost your “outbound” VoIP.ms price per minute. And you can set up the caller ID as either your VoIP or PM number.

Forward your home or business calls to you PM phone number.

©️2020

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@shcanomi 

You will get 100 outgoing minutes per 30-day cycle regardless of what time you dial out. You can always download a free calling app if you’re worried about going through your outgoing minutes.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Call whenever you like, where ever you like in Canada. Once all used you have to wait for the next 30 cycle to give you another  100. BUT I do suggest you buy the $5 500 minute add on.....they expire when used up and carry over month to month. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@shcanomi wrote:

Good afternoon;

100 minutes total. The time of usage does not matter.

With the $15 plan you are limited to 100 outgoing minutes. Seconds are rounded up to the closest minute. (eg. A 10 second call is rounded up to 1 minute). As well, checking your voicemail with your phone will use up outgoing minutes too. You can use another phone to check your voicemail. Dial your number and press * at the greeting. You can also purchase an add on in self service of 500 minutes for $5. The unused portion is rolled over from month to month until it is used up.

Add the TextNow voip app and use it with Wifi to make, receive,  and send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. 

Need Help? Let's chat.