cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 dollar plan

RossN
Mayor / Maire

if using auto pay I understand you get 250 mb included,do you need data on to use the texting with picture messaging if so does it use any of the 250 mb?

8 REPLIES 8

@Alex888 wrote:
@RossNYou do need data on to use picture/video texting, but it will not use any data from your plan. If you look in your account history mms texts will show up as using data, but it is subtracted from your actual data usage.

I know this was just a typo, but @RossN, your 250MB does not get used for sending or receiving MMS.

great thankyou so much

@RossN 

Just checked my iphone.  

Go to your itunes & App stores section

There is one line Use Cellular Data.  Turn that off (for updates).

yes I was thinking that  may happen so what would the fix be on an iphone is there a setting  you know off to stop updates unless on wifi?

@RossN 

Yes, any data use will use the 250 MB first, then use the data add on afterwards if needed.

thanks for the info also I already have have a data add on, I am assuming if I switch to this plan it will use the 250 first?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RossN wrote:

if using auto pay I understand you get 250 mb included,do you need data on to use the texting with picture messaging if so does it use any of the 250 mb?

Therein lies the tricky part of the 250mb. You need to be sure of what all apps want to update and if they will only update on wifi. Same with the OS.

You turn on data to allow the MMS to work and your phone sucks down a bunch of updates using up your bucket.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@RossN You do need data on to use picture/video texting, but it will not use any data from your plan. If you look in your account history mms texts will show up as using data, but it is subtracted from your actual data usage.
Need Help? Let's chat.