cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 100 Minutes Limited Canada Wide - Minutes Usage Error

knhanextra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, 

I've currently been with PublicMobile for the past two months. I'm currently using the 100 Minutes Limited Canada Wide plan with the Autopay feature in order to get access to the extra 100 MB of data. 

It's been great so far, however last week I was notified about my phone usage stating that I had less than 10 minutes left. I checked my online account and it did indeed state that I had used approximately 91 minutes. However, when I clicked on "View My Usage" I couldn't add up more than 60 minutes across the two months I've been with Public Mobile, after rounding up to the next minute when there were seconds logged, and combining both incoming and outgoing calls. 

I've learnt that calling my voice mail is considered an outgoing call as well, but the arithmetic still doesn't check out. I started with Public Mobile on this plan in the middle of May, so I'm very confident that I have the plan with unlimited incoming calls. So, I'm very confused about this whole ordeal. 

Any help will be appreciated. I've already disabled Auto-pay, and I am considering moving to another company which provides the same plan for the same price point but with more data. 

Best wishes, 

Kevin 

8 REPLIES 8

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@knhanextra  You might want to consider adding the very cheap add-on of $5/500 Canada wide mins which will supplement your plan minutes and do not expire until used up. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@knhanextra wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I've currently been with PublicMobile for the past two months. I'm currently using the 100 Minutes Limited Canada Wide plan with the Autopay feature in order to get access to the extra 100 MB of data. 

It's been great so far, however last week I was notified about my phone usage stating that I had less than 10 minutes left. I checked my online account and it did indeed state that I had used approximately 91 minutes. However, when I clicked on "View My Usage" I couldn't add up more than 60 minutes across the two months I've been with Public Mobile, after rounding up to the next minute when there were seconds logged, and combining both incoming and outgoing calls. 

I've learnt that calling my voice mail is considered an outgoing call as well, but the arithmetic still doesn't check out. I started with Public Mobile on this plan in the middle of May, so I'm very confident that I have the plan with unlimited incoming calls. So, I'm very confused about this whole ordeal. 

Any help will be appreciated. I've already disabled Auto-pay, and I am considering moving to another company which provides the same plan for the same price point but with more data. 

Best wishes, 

Kevin 

You said you have $15 plan that gives 100mb bonus with autopay enabled?  For some reason I don't remember bonus data with the old $15 plan.  But as others have suggested you should (if you're not on the current $15 plan) switch to that on your next renewal to get 250mb bonus with autopay.

I think the 100mb is erroneous as it would have been 250mb. But that $15 plan always had the "bonus" 250mb with autopay.

He might want to change to the unlimited incoming calls version of that plan though if he's not already on it.

You're right, unlimited incoming was added to the $15 plan. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@knhanextra wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Best wishes, 

Kevin 

You said you have $15 plan that gives 100mb bonus with autopay enabled?  For some reason I don't remember bonus data with the old $15 plan.  But as others have suggested you should (if you're not on the current $15 plan) switch to that on your next renewal to get 250mb bonus with autopay.

I think the 100mb is erroneous as it would have been 250mb. But that $15 plan always had the "bonus" 250mb with autopay.

He might want to change to the unlimited incoming calls version of that plan though if he's not already on it.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@knhanextra wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Best wishes, 

Kevin 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@knhanextra 

You can check which version of the $15 plan you're on by looking in your Plan Details. If it doesn't indicate the unlimited incoming then you're on the original version.

@LovesToPM wrote:

@knhanextra wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Best wishes, 

Kevin 

If you haven't already switched to the latest $15 plan, I suggest you do so.
It offers unlimited incoming calls and 250 MB data with AutoPay.

As for outgoing calls and calls to check your voicemail, these count towards your 100 minutes of usage.

As with most prepaid services, calls are rounded up by the minute. Also the timer starts right after you dial.

TIP: Check your voicemail messages from another device. It's free to do so.

@knhanextra, as suggested by @LovesToPM, depending on which day in May you activated the $15 plan, you may still be on the old one.  Go to change plan and select the current $15 plan to change on next renewal to ensure you're on the 'new' one.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@knhanextra wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Best wishes, 

Kevin 

If you haven't already switched to the latest $15 plan, I suggest you do so.
It offers unlimited incoming calls and 250 MB data with AutoPay.

As for outgoing calls and calls to check your voicemail, these count towards your 100 minutes of usage.

As with most prepaid services, calls are rounded up by the minute. Also the timer starts right after you dial.

TIP: Check your voicemail messages from another device. It's free to do so.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @knhanextra can you take a screenshot of your usage history with pertinent details but privacy bits blanked out, so fellow users can see what you are seeing? We are just Public Mobile users and don't have the mind reading add on.

Do note in the term and conditions:

"Voice calls

Charges for voice calls are based on the airtime used when you make and receive calls on your mobile phone. Voice airtime is calculated, for both incoming and outgoing calls, from the time the call is initiated to the time it is disconnected, including the time used to route the call through the network and any ring time. The airtime for each voice call is rounded up to the nearest minute."

So the ringing bits also count.. not just the talk.

I do note some descrepencies in my own outgoing voice call usage... I was waiting to get a WAC code from CRA, I swear it was 45 minutes+ on my phone's log vs 9 minutes on Public's.. weird!

Need Help? Let's chat.