cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12MONTHS12GB on $40+plans EXTENDED! Oct 22 - 31st '22

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Edit: Updated new expiry dates of promocode.

🎃Flashsale EXTENDED!! October 22nd to 31st 2022 use the promocode 12MONTHS12GB🎃 (Yes...12GB that is not a typo!😱) on any $40+plan to recieve a 12gb recurring plan data bonus for the next 12 months. 

• Screenshot_20221025-015523_Chrome.jpg

Why have I only heard of this flash sale on rfd? I thought because I was busy and not really paying attention to the landing page that I missed it? Nope because I checked the announcements board and it's not there either? I realize this is a competitive response to a lucky promotion but geez there's a bonus referral credit going on?!! This offer will help pm customers refer their friends or family or maybe their very first referral?!! Whose in charge of marketing around here? Sure I found it on the website via the link on rfd but still.....?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/#4G

*Offer available to new activations online. To redeem this offer online, activate a SIM card between 🎃💀October 22 to October 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET.💀🎃

³Activate on any $40 or more using the promo code and get a 12GB data bonus for 12 months. 12GB data bonus expires at the end of each 30 day period. 12GB data bonus will be applied to activations on $40 plans or more with the use of the promo code at activation. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied.
This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
This offer is subject to change without notice.
Taxes are extra. The account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost each month.

28 REPLIES 28

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Don't turn into a pumpkin....🎃

Promo extended until Halloween night. Promocode expires before the clock strikes midnight eastern. 👻☠️Making this a very spooktacular flash sale!☠️👻

@darlicious 

What bothered me most with my last interaction was being lied to....by more than one CSA rather than admit they were wrong. Basic customer service....if you don't know the answer just say so and tell the customer you will find the answer for them. Simple.

Me too kind of....lead down the path to make it hard for me to receive what I was owed. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious- I think that's the crux. I read somewhere else someones story of a Telus salesperson knocking on their door and one thing led to another and they got fibre to their house. They did not want this. They tried to cancel it all. They're still trying to cancel any billing.

I think I agree that Telus has, corporate-wide, stopped caring.

For years I had great service from Shaw Direct. They fixed things. Made it right. No fighting over it. No accumulated baggage of negative interactions. Not here.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

Somewhere along the way telus lost their commitment to quality of service. Once that happens it's all downhill from there. If you lose your quality of customer service you ate in real trouble. Good customer service can fix nearly every actual service failure. When you stop caring about your customers they stop caring about you. 

What bothered me most with my last interaction was being lied to....by more than one CSA rather than admit they were wrong. Basic customer service....if you don't know the answer just say so and tell the customer you will find the answer for them. Simple.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

@darlicious 

I come from a background of developing and perfecting along with ISO processes. This perfects the process for the workers, the bosses, the in between handlers and the customer. I can’t believe that Telus is so free about associating them selves with PM. Keep in mind, some of the stuff that actually works flawlessly. And of course then there are the observant customers that don’t hesitate to mention the downfalls. It has to be looked at from the top down. Who in Telus is responsible for PM and who is the leader within PM? Are they the right people with the appropriate tools and payroll? Is there a plan to halt system refreshes and resolve the flaws......if you want to be all digital......make it work!!!!

ps. The Telus website has flaws as well. 

Pps. Telus, they say, is an international company. Thus the off shore contracting. So get over it.😢Not sure what products are offered in other countries, but I do recall my last technical request was handled in a grass shack with a dog barking in the background  some where in the Philippines with a half a$$ed resolution that led to a request for assistance in Canada. Telus just doesn’t get it, why quality makes a difference 100% of the time. And the contractor that came to fix my router that was in my office......he asked me where the router was.....he was looking right at it......he took so long.....his “no customer service” supervisor showed up at the door and I should have not let him in. Then the other day Telus paid a contractor to contact me 5 times...2 emails.....1 text.....1 call....1 voicemail.  I bet the contractor was paid for all 5. 

@dust2dust 

No, not surprised at all.

And my referee and I did discuss that the 5x5 RAF might not happen because of that "not stackable" clause (which I would have expected to apply to stacking with the 12MONTHS2GB (which, according to some reports has still worked as of Sunday?).

But I at least expect the referee to get their $10 and I want to get my $1/month. I am used to seeing the later (almost) immediately. But hey... 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Here's a significant difference twith the old pm and the new pm trying to turn back the clock to return to the old online only model....the pm back then had a dedicated executive team, marketing department and engaged community management team. That has all but disappeared and if the one full time employee that telus expects to keep the whole house of cards together cannot be here then maybe they throw a former pm  manager over here to fill in for a day or so.....?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

Indeed. After the last debacle with my September RAF promotion the supervisor chose to treat it as a teaching moment whereas I would have chosen to treat it as a firing moment. If pm chose to "fire" it's retail partners because they didn't care about pm customers after activation (CCS excluded as the owner cared more about customer satisfaction over even his own profitability which is extremely rare nowadays) then they need to do the same with some of their outsourced labour force and invest those savings into better training for new recruits and training materials for all staff to reference. 

@CountyDownIeUk- I'll continue to be cynical (who? me?) and say that I think they're intentionally sinking the ship.

Poor messaging has been going on for years though. I'm not sure what level of education or experience is being demonstrated by the marketing department.

I also think that this place is barely getting any resources to do anything. How they got a new system in (poorly at that) was surprising though. They blew the wad on a lousy system. And now with no further resources to be had...it sits and stews in its terribleness.

I just don't think Telus cares at all about this place.

@darlicious wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

Yes and no. Yes you can have overlapping RAF promotions but no the pm referral promotions system does not recognize any new RAF referral credits causing a glitch having the second overlapping RAF automatically applied.

And since glitch was discovered.....have rules been changed and system updated to inform you that the RAF 5 x $5 won’t be applied OR has system been fixed to handle the overlapping?

@dust2dust wrote:

Are all the regulars here really this surprised at the astonishingly poor messaging around here? Over and over again.

And hey, the fine print also says that the 12gb promo is not stackable with other offers. ie. the RAF. hmm

Astonished, yes at first, but no longer. Is an embarrassing oversight that even the poorest efficiency consultant or PM/Telus manager wouldn’t overlook and would want to have ongoing issues repaired. I just don't get the stupidity of how payroll dollars are pi$$ed away at PM. They need to patch the holes before the ship sinks. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

Yes and no. Yes you can have overlapping RAF promotions but no the pm referral promotions system does not recognize any new RAF referral credits causing a glitch having the second overlapping RAF automatically applied.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dust2dust Yes, it seems since they rolled out the "new and improved" 4G plans the announcements regarding promos has dropped significantly. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Patchio 

I disagree. If pm is returning to its online roots then that includes a large portion of their marketing and sales to be done by other customers and more specifically community members. But if they don't announce promotions in the community that's a major flaw in their marketing strategy. The increase in regular bonus referral credit promos is a direct reflection of the end to retail partners and passing on a portion of their commissions onto customers to do the work for them. It also increases the possibility that new customers are better informed of the type of provider pm is and may lower their churn rate as retail commissioned sales staff had little incentive to ensure the customer would stay with pm for the long run once activated.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are all the regulars here really this surprised at the astonishingly poor messaging around here? Over and over again.

And hey, the fine print also says that the 12gb promo is not stackable with other offers. ie. the RAF. hmm

@darlicious wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

Neither of my two accounts get emails from public mobile....ever? The last time was the first annual "more is merrier" campaign. I have received 4 texts total for RAF bonus credit promos.

@Outdoorsman 

The recent RAF  bonus referral credit promotions are open to all customers with a limit of one RAF promotion (referrer) per promotion.

@darlicious 

One per current promotion.....but can you have overlapping? Ie 5 x $5 from August and another from October on same account?

And yes informing customers is poor. If that was improved....that one simple step of perfecting one method of contact, preferably email, to every customer, would be an increase in business, would it not?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

Neither of my two accounts get emails from public mobile....ever? The last time was the first annual "more is merrier" campaign. I have received 4 texts total for RAF bonus credit promos.

@Outdoorsman 

The recent RAF  bonus referral credit promotions are open to all customers with a limit of one RAF promotion (referrer) per promotion.

@wetcoaster wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

No, nothing in the My Rewards portal.

Yeah, occasionally I do wonder why I'm still here. Probably because while the grass SEEMS to be greener on the other side, it's often not. And, the perks of the old rewards system is hard to beat.

I hear ya.  From the one RAF gone awry I decided to curb my referrals during those  5 x $5 offers. Unexpectedly I got one last week along with the one that is a struggle. If second one goes bad......I will definitely refrain from gaining referrals during those referral offers. (5 x $5). It’s embarrassing to see it fail for the new customer. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wetcoaster 

You have the ongoing referral glitch from last year it sounds like...? If you don't get the Cha-Ching text today at 11am pt then it didn't register correctly at activation then you know the drill to advise your referral to resolve the issue. If you copy and pasted your referral code and the promocode was added in the following promocode box on page 4 did you not see a green checkmark confirming the codes were valid? I guess thats why they didn't appear on the transaction summary? You should have seen the following....

Screenshot_20220624-070134~2.png

@CountyDownIeUk 

No, nothing in the My Rewards portal.

Yeah, occasionally I do wonder why I'm still here. Probably because while the grass SEEMS to be greener on the other side, it's often not. And, the perks of the old rewards system is hard to beat.

@wetcoaster wrote:

Except that PM seems to do their outmost to tick people off in the first couple of days.

Past few months. 

We copy pasted my RAF code into the according field as well as the bonus code. While their account is up and running, there's absolutely no indication that either code has been applied.

Did the xxx-xxx-1234 not show up immediately in you referrals in My Rewards? I too have had no confirmation of the 5 x $5. It seems to be a wait and see....first Friday in November for both of you. Last one was botched up for many of us. For me is lots of CSA conversation and being asked to jump through unnecessary hoops.  

I thought that I should have gotten an indication of the new referral by now. I understand that the 5x5 - if it ever shows up - will take more than 24hours... But the system does not show the new phone number at all - on the old My Account this was an immediate thing!

See above

Since all the work has to be done by the new customer that leaves a rather unpleasant first impression - is PM hoping that people don't say a word and just gracefully accept what they end up with, in bait and switch style?!?

Not a good business model, is it?

@LeePublic wrote:

@darlicious @Outdoorsman @Patchio I wonder what justified the big jump in the number of promo GBs from 2GB to 12 G🤔

Also, I've been noticing lately PM members now are the ones who "announce" the deals/promos before it appears in the Announcements page..... maybe PMs team is facing budget cuts?

Lucky was the first one to offer 10GB/month as a Diwali offer, ChatR did the same about 12 hours later... PM was way behind with offering anything at all... The person I mentioned in my post above was all ready to head down to TMS and sign up with Lucky...

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

This has been posted here by Dunkster (I think?) when it first showed up... 

Except that PM seems to do their outmost to tick people off in the first couple of days.

I haven't referred anyone for about a year, for various reasons... But this one seemed to fall into my lap, with someone looking for a bigger data block than they got with their other provider. So this collegue and I went through the through the process Sunday night. We copy pasted my RAF code into the according field as well as the bonus code. While their account is up and running, there's absolutely no indication that either code has been applied.

There is no indication of the data promo in their sign-up e-mail or in their account. (we have read the 2 day thing, but...)

I thought that I should have gotten an indication of the new referral by now. I understand that the 5x5 - if it ever shows up - will take more than 24hours... But the system does not show the new phone number at all - on the old My Account this was an immediate thing!

Since all the work has to be done by the new customer that leaves a rather unpleasant first impression - is PM hoping that people don't say a word and just gracefully accept what they end up with, in bait and switch style?!?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Along with the $5 reduction on 4G plans, is this promo done at the expense of:

30% increase on $10 plan?

And withholding a network upgrade of the 3G plans?

Going all digital?

Looks like an offer that was not openly offered to every existing and potential new customer. 

I have 3 accounts and last 2 RAFs were only emailed to one of my account emails. And recently 1 only text about 4G offers. If there are true savings for PM by going all digital and the only retail is for vouchers and SIM sales at Corporate stores then should not all customers be informed? Since PM is all digital, should PM not have all PROMO OFFERS at least in the landing page?  That way they can say there is a complete list offered to everyone. Some 3G customers may move up while others will stay as is. PM needs to keep the rank and file satisfied, to continue to promote by good word of mouth and referrals. 

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious @Outdoorsman @Patchio I wonder what justified the big jump in the number of promo GBs from 2GB to 12 GB?🤔

Also, I've been noticing lately PM members now are the ones who "announce" the deals/promos before it appears in the Announcements page..... maybe PMs team is facing budget cuts?

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious hi it is indeed a great incentive for a new customer I thought it was a typo like you ,I haven't been on much the last week  I was wondering if the new 5x5 promo is for all existing customers or was it directed at people with few or no referrals or people that hadn't taken advantage of the recent 5x5 promos?

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious 

Just a theory, but I suspect the reason this promotion wasn't announced in the Community forum is because the marketing department frowns upon new account activations that are based on word-of-mouth advertising AND a referral from an existing Public Mobile user.

Referrals, especially the RAF bonus offers, cost PM money in terms of credits, whereas new activations with no strings attached don't cost PM anything more than the standard plan with whatever data bonuses that are available at the time of a promotion. 

Perhaps there's even an internal metric that PM uses to judge how well they are doing (i.e., the number of new account activations) relative to their competitors, and the number looks much more impressive when they can exclude the new accounts that were activated using a referral code.

After all, the marketing department can't justify their existence AND growing budget unless they can prove how "successful" they are when it comes to attracting new users.

Need Help? Let's chat.