cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% Data used message, but data remains in my account balance

Chuckie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!  I’ve just received the 100% data used text message.  However, if I check my account balances it shows I have over half of my data still available.  FYI, this is my first month after switching to a plan with more data.

Appreciate any help!  Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Chuckie

Data stopped working the instant I received the text from public Mobile saying the I had used 100%.  No data limits set on my phone and everything on my end is working properly.  I’ve simply been cut off from using data.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Go with whatever your self serve account says. PM seems to be quite out sending out erroneous messages about all kinds of different things with data being one of the most popular.

@Chuckie wrote:

Yeah, kinda tried ignoring the previous warnings, however once that 100% message came in, my data isn’t working.

@Chuckie  - check to see if you have a data limiter set in the settings of your device. If so, change it or remove it.

Try your SIM into another phone to see if data works, this may rule out your own phone or identify a setting set on it.

For your own phone, some troubleshooting, try 1 or more of the below:

• restarting your phone
  • toggle into / out of airplane mode
  • remove and reinsert your sim card
  • perform a reset of your network settings

edit, to quote OP's post

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Chuckie : could it be the data usage settings on your phone? Also, resetting your phone may help. 

If not, send a private message to CSA and ask them to check on your account. (link here) 

Chuckie

I set the plan to change on the renewal date, which was mid July.  Recently meaning it’s my first month on this new plan.  I have like 10days left in this billing cycling, but the plan changed about 3 weeks ago approximately.

If you only recently upgraded to more data...the PM "brain" might be slow to catch up to your plan.

Chuckie

Yeah, kinda tried ignoring the previous warnings, however once that 100% message came in, my data isn’t working.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Notification can be off sometimes. Ignore if the notification is proven inaccurate.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you've logged in to your account and found you still have plenty of data available...ignore the message.

Need Help? Let's chat.