cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 plan

Dkai001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why did my $10 plan disappeared. Its now $15. Please advice.

64 REPLIES 64

I keep saying, I am looking hard where it says Price for Life. 🤣

@Dkai001 wrote:

thanks for input.

I have stated a petition and over 1000 customer have signed it.

also I have set up a class action lawsuit.

my lawyer says they broke the notice of contract.need 30 days to advise customers.

also we have email CEO at Telus.

My favourite Dollar Store used to sell my favourite chocolate bars, 2 for $1, $0.50 each.

But then they raised the price - by a whopping 50% - now these chocolate bars are $0.75 each,

They're still my favourite chocolate bars. And they still cost less at this store than they cost anywhere else.

But this is an unacceptable situation! I should start a petition, a class action lawsuit, get a lawyer, and email the CEO of the company.

The business has no right to sell their product at any price they like!

And this is no trivial matter. If I buy a dozen of these chocolate bars a month - which used to cost me $6 but now costs me $9 - then it adds up to $3 per month. Good thing lawyers are so cheap.

Hi @Dkai001 1000?  from experience on another petition on this issue, some signings of those are fake.   I know "someone" signed for me without my consent, too.

I hope your 1000 are all legitimate LoL

@Dkai001 wrote:

thanks for input.

my lawyer says they broke the notice of contract.need 30 days to advise customers.

@Dkai001   Hmm...you've managed to get 1000 customers to sign a petition you just started yesterday?  Do you have a link to your petition?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dkai001 

Indeed they have broken the terms of service but not because you didn't recieve 30 days notice. Read the terms of service. But the proof you require is contained in the pdf document at the link I sent you and you are welcome to use it.

Dkai001

no email 

Dkai001

thanks for input

Dkai001
  • Ok

Dkai001

thanks for input.

Dkai001

thanks for info

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

Certainly customers with complaints that cannot be resolved with the provider are directed to the C C T S to mediate the dispute between the customer and the provider. But the CCTS's scope is limited, they are supposedly impartial and the recourse is ineffectual. Really they are a quasi-ethical collection agency that reports to the CRTC who's been on the naughty list, who gets a lump of coal and who gets kicked out of Lapland altogether.

It's the next step on the ladder and once free of its rungs a customer is free to complain to the appropriate regulatory agency or commission, provincial consumer protection agency or file a court case or even a class action. There are remedies that can be sought through legislation and it is these determined individuals who stand up for principle over pennies that make the greatest impact on change for everyone else.

This is the year to stand up and make your voice heard.....there is change at the top of CRTC, a newly clarified policy directive has been mandated for the CRTC to implement and a review of the WCC, the CCTS's scope and procedural code and a renewed emphasis on encouraging competition, accessibility and affordability in the telecommunications industry. It's up to individuals like ourselves to provide our imput, shared experiences and file complaints to enact change that will benefit our pocketbooks.

The federal government is encouraging Canadians to have their say so that the CRTC can review and gauge the needs and concerns of Canadian consumers so that they rely less on forbearance to drive a competitive marketplace and be more hands on by overseeing the NSP's dominance and forcing change since self-regulation has been a failure taken over by corporate greed.

The call for submissions is open until July 19th 2022.... here .....make your opinion count!

@Dkai001 wrote:

CCTS, Can we send petition to CCTS? Should we not given notice for plan increase?? 

You can register a complain to the CCTS. You can even escalate to a legal court, if you like.

But the CCTS requires you follow certain procedures. The first of these is that you make efforts to communicate with the provider, attempt to resolve the issue(s), and document everything. Complaints which don't follow the procedures are automatically dismissed.

And courts would almost certainly default judgements to the CCTS or to the CRTC. Since these are the authorities established to regulate and enforce the telecommunications market.

Most significantly, Public Mobile is a strictly pre-paid service. Which only offers 30-day plans. Which (according to their own Terms of Service) has no obligation beyond the 30-day period and the 90-day CRTC-mandated period which follows it.

Public Mobile doesn't have to renew the discontinued $10 plan at $10 price. They don't have to renew any discontinued plans at all.

I don't like it, personally, since it bodes ill for other plans. But it's more-or-less legally bulletproof. It is what it is. A done deal the day it was activated. Best to simply accept it now and move forward - or reject it now and move elsewhere - but not to sit on the grudge and seethe and simmer forevermore. How many hours of frustration, anger, and stress are you willing to put into getting back your three bucks a month?

Dkai001

Shows $13. I want my $10

Dkai001

I want my $10 plan.

Dkai001

help! How do I contact the manager??

@Dkloo2 

Check your private messages. If you hit a snag send me a message. I am always happy to help!

Dkloo2

I’m contacting CCTS

@Dkloo2 You cannot. They raised the price and likely there is nothing else you can do to get them change your plan back to the same price. Only option you have is to contact CCTS and work with them to provide as much details as you can. 

Dkloo2

Please help get my $10 plan back

@Dkai001 wrote:

No help. They can’t help

HI @Dkai001   I guess it is for record that you did complain to your provider first

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dkai001 

If you recieved no notice or even if you did recieve notice but didn't notice it you have some recourse through the C C T S. If you are in it for the long haul you can get satisfaction. At the very least the 30% price hike is not effective until July 7th despite the price increase being implemented on April 28th. Check your private message box for a message shortly....

@Dkai001  there already is one I believe @darlicious is leading the charge I'm sure she will see this and contact you 

@Dkai001 wrote:

CCTS, Can we send petition to CCTS? Should we not given notice for plan increase?? 

@Dkai001  PM has sent email and/or text to it's $10 plan subscribers earlier, back in late Feb. or March.  Check the spam folder in your mailbox  as well

For voicing your "interest" with the new pricing, our friend @darlicious  will private message you the "celebration" they have  🙂

Dkai001

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Dkai001   Why are you looking at the $15 plan?  If you joined $10 plan before,  you still have it for $13.  If that plan is enough for your need, you can stay with it, with the $3 increase

not sure if CCTS will step in.  Mobile Carriers do have right to increase price.  It's not a Price for Life model here

😂

@Dkai001   You are grandfathered for the $10 plan and will still have it as long as you don't change it, unfortunately, there's no grandfathering for the price and PM has opted to hike the price by 30%.

@Dkai001   So, you are on that plan now?  If that is the case, you are still on  the plan, except it is now $13

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Dkai001 we all thouht it would stay 10 but I guess they needed more money so they unfairly raised it to 13 but don't give up just yet , they have to explain themselves to  the CCTS

Need Help? Let's chat.