cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 plan and “THE” petition.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

How is it that my username shows up as signing the petition? Looks like there are some “fake”, fraudulent, trumped up entries. 

....Stop Telus & Public Mobile's 30% Price Hike!.....

1. If I was to sign it, I would have used an email address that is not associated to PM. I did NOT sign it. And look at how many other community user names show.....I can’t believe those as being legitimate either.....well not all of them....maybe some. 

2. I never sign a petition or do a survey as they can have a manipulated/engineered outcome. 

3. Telus has met the CTRC mandate with the $15 plan. So why not make changes to the $10 plan?

4. I agree that any 30% or 20% or 10% or 5% increase is outrageous and can be unaffordable and also set a precedent for other companies offering service to follow. Expect many many many more “after Covid” (catch up on losses) money grabs that will remain forever. Canada is going to be a very expensive place to live. 

5. Although I don’t feel 30% was the wisest decision....that was the decision made......so suck it up and accept it or move on......and for $2 more you can receive some good values assuming if you could move to the $15 plan on the old rewards plan. And at least that it what should be offered to any one on the $10 plan, now $13 plan.....to move to $15 plan with the option to be on the old rewards plan = $13. 

6. If you were on the Telus $10 plan.....stay or look for a competitive plan elsewhere including PM. 

80 REPLIES 80

@softech  I don't accept your version of truth. If one voip app starts charging I'll move on to another one. Price for life. Free.

Oh I'll be laughing. Sarcastically and pitilessly in response to those that don't care about the plight of others. Just desserts.

@darlicious  It would be apropos if your koolaid came in a barrel.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I have delicious free purple koolaid for everyone.....then have a lie down for the big three and take a little nap. All this controversy will be all over when you wake up. Don't worry @dust2dust  and I have decided to drink 5 alive instead?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

That is why I never understand why you bring VoIP here.  Comparing apples with oranges.  We are talking about mobile carriers, not just way to commuicate

And tell you the truth,  VoIP can start charging you, too.  Still no promise of Price for Life. 

You don't need to laugh when price hike comes to $15 and above.  i am FULLY AWARE that I don't get Price For Life.   That's Life.   

You cannot make Telus to offer you the same plan forever, but Telus cannot make you to stay with them forever, too.  So, it is both ways  If you like the $10 plan so much and hate the $13/month, go and find a provider that will give you a $10 plan...only if you can find one  🙂

@softech Yes. Free. Price for life. That's how.

When the higher rates start getting hikes then the $10 plan holders will point and laugh without pity. Told ya so and all that and thanks for nothing for not having our backs when your turn comes up.

@dust2dust   honest, I don't understand what you meant by using VoIP .. is that an answer to my question Price for life? How that answer my question?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@softechI suggested earlier in another thread...voip. There. You just wait for the outcry when all the upper level plans start getting rate hikes. Then you'll get it. Are you really just going to roll over and take it? Go oh well c'est la vie and fait accompli. No. You'll fight over it. This was just easy pickings. But unlawfully executed. Just wait.

Adding - So being forced into a 30% or minimally really a 37.5% rate hike is just fine with you. Or being coerced into actually a 50% or minimally really a 62.5% rate hike just for some more services. I like to my cost outlay at a minimum. So even the $15 plan doesn't interest me.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

..that was the decision made......so suck it up and accept it or move on....

@CountyDownIeUk   can't agree more

and I have been asking those $10 plan lovers  How they get the feeling that a carrier is not allowed to increase price of their plans?  did PM or Telus ever promise PRICE FOR LIFE? Or can they suggest me a place with that?

@liberte 

Are you the author of the tumblr post?

Come on....let’s get on with life. 

Like I said:. 

Although I don’t feel 30% was the wisest decision....that was the decision made......so suck it up and accept it or move on......and for $2 more you can receive some good values assuming if you could move to the $15 plan on the old rewards plan. And at least that it what should be offered to any one on the $10 plan, now $13 plan.....to move to $15 plan with the option to be on the old rewards plan = $13. 

Perhaps my blue comment was not a suggested solution to PM $10 customers. And maybe date wise it could have happened “if” when the $13 plan was announced, that a PM customer could have moved to the $15 plan on the old rewards. I am not good at the history date wise here nor do I know if the $10 plan was on the old rewards or no rewards. 

@liberte 

Take your mask off and tell is your past Community names! Maybe more permanent banning needs to be done. 

Bottom line the dubious individuals that set up the petition are total cheats.  

I agree with what @esjliv said.  But if the account was just a temporary ban, why create another account now?

@liberte , if the old account was banned, how could you login to erase all your posts? 

And, the idea to Community is to have all posts here and hopefully it can help others in the future.  Erasing all your posts is not helping

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow It is very possible @paprika had no idea sending private messages for this petition would lead to a ban. I am guessing it was only a temporary ban, but not sure. It could have been an emotional action, due to the ban, to blank out all their posts. I could see that, if they felt off-put from it all.

Hi @liberte everything on this Community is public, how is it rude to look at there's posts.  This is how we try to help others.  We check people previous posts and try to help by knowing more.  I find this is absolutely normal. 

On the other hand, your old account was banned, are you supposed to come back with a new name?

liberte
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think it's rude that you are digging your nose into people's business, even in things that should be none of your concern.

Good day.

Hi @liberte  you are extremely rude.  This is supposed to be a friendly Community 

All those posts are public, we don't understand and we have the right to ask

liberte

The blank posts are none of your business. You don't need to know.

@hTideGnow what blank posts?  @liberte I can't ban people so not sure why you say I banned you

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

liberte

@ShawnC13 banned me when I private-messaged him as Paprika. I'm not interested in answering people's questions in the Community. I created this account to let you guys know that the Change.org issue has been addressed on the blog. Take care.

Hi @ShawnC13 who is @paprika?  why all this posts were updated to blank post on the same day?

@liberte for someone new here you know a lot about this are you @paprika as well?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@liberte    Thanks for clarifying as to who may possibly be spamming the petition with fake profiles, and yes we can all probably make a reasonable guess as to who it is based on the posts you've linked.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for that interesting link @liberte. Are you a new member/customer or a spinoff of someone else? Sorry, never know anymore. 😀

I really like your yogurt nonetheless.

@liberte wrote:

The troll "0PX9O4 pm" wrote his diatribe here:

https://www.change.org/p/very-bad-company-public-mobile-power-by-telus?recruiter=1262293201&recruite...

I wouldn't say that the username used is the same as the user that was here.  I think many people are thinking it is the same person I am.

@computergeek541 wrote:

Unfortunatley, whoever is responsible for this activity hasn't helped the cause but has rather sabotaged it.

And one of the petition organizers has been helping this person so much all along.  Sad 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

The subsequent petition created by the troll really sounds like a past member that was banned from here

I've seen a screenshot that supposedly shows that I signed this petition but I haven't done that.  Unfortunatley, whoever is responsible for this activity hasn't helped the cause but has rather sabotaged it.

liberte

As the blogpost says:

"Who is this troll? This is what we know. The troll signed as 0PX9O4 pm,” and then left a link to his/her petition page that he/she created, titled, “very bad company public mobile power by Telus.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the heads up - any idea who this troll may be? lol

liberte

@CountyDownIeUk @dust2dust @softech @hTideGnow @JL9 @LeePublic @darlicious @dabr @esjliv @ShawnC13 @Mustafar @Community_QA 

Hello. This blogpost should clear up the misunderstanding:

"An Unwanted, Disgruntled Troll Who’s Spamming On Our Change.org Petition Page"
https://stoptheteluspricehike.tumblr.com/post/684916441672286208/an-unwanted-disgruntled-troll-whos-...

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Shows how valid this is if you can make up names and addresses and be counted

I should add I mean the site itself

ha, you said too much before, someone helped to put your name there, too 😁

but true. never know how useful these things are, other than trendy

Need Help? Let's chat.