cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 Plan and Free Minutes

Noreenmukhtar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With $10 plan ,how many free incoming minutes do I get?

Is it 50 free outgoing AND incoming minutes in total i.e. whenever first 50 minutes are consumed irrespective of whether its outgoing or incoming ,my service will not work anymore?

11 REPLIES 11

@Noreenmukhtar, my spare phone is on the $15 plan which has unlimited incoming calls, and 100 Canadawide minutes outbound.  This plan also has unlimited texting in and out.

The out goinging texts on the $10 stop at 50, and there is no way to get more until renewal.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@NoreenmukhtarSomething that hasn't been mentioned here, 50 minutes also include the time if you check your voicemail. Counter starts when you press dial and the length of the call get rounds up. The service will default to a message, you dont' have a plan for long distance or something to that effect when you are out of minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Noreenmukhtar wrote:

Is it 50 free outgoing AND incoming minutes in total i.e. whenever first 50 minutes are consumed irrespective of whether its outgoing or incoming ,my service will not work anymore?

$10 plan is only for people who rarely use the phone. I think most people will take $25 plan because it has unlimited calling and some data.

Thank you. Not senior. Not emergencies. Not "only". Just very little use. This is a great plan for that. Then add the add-ons and the service is ready for whatever use you happen to do. I've gone over 50 minutes a couple times. There's the add-on to the rescue.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Noreenmukhtar wrote:

$10 plan is only for people who rarely use the phone. I think most people will take $25 plan because it has unlimited calling and some data.

Thanks @kselmak  I forgot to mention with the bonus data you can use a free text/call app as well as on WiFi. Good catch!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

This is a great plan for emergency phone line. If you need to call cab or something very very minimal, with autopay it's actually 8 and goes down by a buck every year down to $3.

It's also a great pager with extras.

So if you have access to WiFi most of the time, this is the greatest option.

You can have occasional increase in use for as little as 1c/min with $5 add-on

Now if you actually will have to user it a bit more but are not huge talker, or if you text a lot 15 is great. With autopay it gives you small data so you can TextNow for free and you can even be stuck for an hour waiting for customer service to respond. Just don't forget to restrict background data.

ilikepm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

In the $10 plan, all you get is a lump sum of 50 minutes, including incoming + outgoing + voicemail (listening) minutes. After you use your 50 minutes within a month, you will no longer be able to call or receive calls or listen to voicemails. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Depending on your usage....this plan is bare basics often used for maintaining a phone number or as an emergency plan. You can add the 500min for $5 add on (as previously mentioned) to bump up your calling ability and they don't expire...just roll over til used up. If you would like a little more freedom with calling/texting the $15 plan has unlimited incoming calling and in/outgoing texts. You can let your frequent callers know you have free incoming via text etc....so you can limit your use of outgoing minutes. The $5 add on to this plan could easily last a year or more but would insure that if you did exceed your limit you would not be cut off from calling til your plan renews. Or during an important call. Remember having auto pay will save you $2 on your plan and give you a 250mb data bonus each month.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This plan comes with 50 minutes.  These minutes are not free, that's what the plan comes with.  I think when the prepaid service is used up, that's it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Noreenmukhtar wrote:

50 minutes total. The $5 500 minute add-on is a great add-on.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I believe 50 minutes are considered either incoming or outgoing.

Need Help? Let's chat.