cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US

EA73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

How does last Christmas "$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US" exactly work?
- Does it mean that I could use the 500min only for local or long-distance Canadian calls?
- Am I supposed to do anything particular to activate it?
I'm asking because I got a text message saying that I have 10min left on my current airtime and suggesting I buy an add-on. Yet, I have this holiday bonus sitting in my account.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

EA73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Many thanks for the detailed explanation; I really appreciate it.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

You don't need to do anything to activate add-ons. If they're listed on your account then they're already available, they fall off the account once they're fully consumed.

Your plan minutes will be used first. Add-on minutes will be used only when the plan has none available. Unused (or partially-used) add-on minutes will remain attached to the account indefinitely, month after month. While the plan minutes refresh each time you (or your AutoPay) pre-pay and renew another 30-day subscription.

You received a notification informing you about only 10 minutes left - meaning that you have the $15 plan with 100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk (not a $25+ plan with "unlimited" Canada-wide Talk) and you've used up 90 of the 100 minutes. If you use up the remaining 10 minutes (or you dial "INTL Long Distance & US" instead of Canada-wide numbers) then the add-on minutes will start being consumed.

If you plan to use (or save) the "INTL Long Distance & US" minutes for calling destinations outside Canada then you might want to purchase the $5 500-minute Canada-wide Talk add-on. It would be consumed whenever your 100 plan minutes run out but you're not calling out of country. Worth considering if you find yourself budgeting minutes and need just a little bit more each month, one penny per minute is dirt cheap and whatever you don't use it this month is still available next month (and every month after that, until you use it all up).

You can't be overcharged. If the minutes are available then they're used. If they're unavailable then the calling is unavailable (or the call-in-progress is halted). They're all pre-paid, money up front, even if the price was "$0 Free".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EA73 : You can call China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom and Venezuela as well as Canada and US.

If you use up that 10 minutes before your next renewal then even on a call it will just seamlessly switch to consuming those minutes. Then when your plan renews you'll go back to your plan minutes.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Once your plan time runs out it will automatically use up your holiday add-on. You done need to do anything else.

Edit the add-on will remain active until it's minutes are used up 

Need Help? Let's chat.