cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is there usage when I haven't used my phone at all?

tomsychau
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
17/02/2018 8:23Outgoing Call416647AllON0:00:08 Minutes$0.00
16/02/2018 10:23Outgoing Call416647AllON0:00:21 Minutes$0.00
16/02/2018 10:23Outgoing Call416647AllON0:00:06 Minutes$0.00
16/02/2018 11:09Outgoing Call416647AllON0:00:18 Minutes$0.00
16/02/2018 10:36Outgoing Call416647AllON0:00:09 Minutes$0.00
15/02/2018 11:39Outgoing Call416647AllON0:01:22 Minutes$0.00
15/02/2018 10:22Incoming text416416 ON  SMS$0.00
15/02/2018 7:18Outgoing Call416647AllON0:00:05 Minutes$0.00
15/02/2018 7:18Outgoing Call416647AllON0:00:07 Minutes$0.00
15/02/2018 5:00Outgoing Call416647AllON0:00:07 Minutes$0.00
15/02/2018 4:56Outgoing Call416647AllON0:00:17 Minutes$0.00
15/02/2018 4:35Outgoing Call416647AllON0:00:21 Minutes$0.00
15/02/2018 12:12Outgoing Call416647AllON0:00:08 Minutes$0.00
14/02/2018 7:24Incoming text100416 ON  SMS$0.00
14/02/2018 6:11Outgoing Call416647AllON0:00:08 Minutes$0.00
12 REPLIES 12

The problem can only be the device or the network.

You have no control over the network, but you can report problems and alert the network operator (as you have done).  If there's a network-side technical problem (or even a network-side security issue) then the more information you can provide the faster they can fix things.

You can (and should) also change your voicemail password/PIN so nobody else can access it.  If somebody somehow "hacked" access to your voicemail then you want to lock them out again.

You can control your device.  Scan/clean the software or even reset/erase to factory default software.  Change all your passwords.

While it's astronomically improbable, somebody could have "stolen" your service/number and be using a "ghost SIM" (sort of like duplicating your housekey) ... but requesting a new SIM card is the last thing you should try if the problem persists after all the other things you can control on your device have been attempted.

PM (or Telus) can probably access logs showing exactly which device(s) made those calls and (at least approximately) where they were located at the time, though such investigations may not be practical.

I'm assuming the obvious - that nobody else has been using the phone to dial these voicemail calls, or it's not a "hotkey" "one-button" kind of thing which keeps getting pressed inadvertently while the phone's in your pocket.

@tomsychauwrote:

why would my phone automatically call my voicemail?

Sorry, noone seems to know. What is make/model of your phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tomsychau

why would my phone automatically call my voicemail?

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It looks like voicemail!

someone call you and yor phone called your voicemail box number!?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wonder_why

This is a public forum visible to anyone, so phone numbers and any personal details should not be posted here.  The OP has edited their post to remove all the phone numbers.   Since you've quoted their post with all the numbers, you should edit your post as well.  You could simply delete the quoted portion, since it's already obvious to whom you were responding.

Spyware is all about collecting information.  Eventually enough information becomes available to steal hardware (use other people's computers to run your scummy irc channel or bitcoin hive or piratebay, use other people's phone numbers, etc).  Or to steal money.  Or even to steal identity.

In practice, it's not about targeting individuals.  Few of us are interesting or valuable enough to be worth the effort, our biggest protection is sheer boring anonymity.  But if an automated keylogger or netlogger or whatever can get access to a password - then pass it upstream somewhere on the cloud - the information can be used to remotely access (login to) whatever that password locks out.

Voicemail and email are preferred targets because people often use them to interact with other things which can be worth stealing - like their banking and billing and "i forgot my password, please email me a new one" backdoor.  Email accounts are also hijacked by (or sold to) spammers, they mail out to all visible email contacts - usually friends, family, and people you do business with - because they'll tend to trust "you" and click-install-run whatever (malware or spyware) attachments "you" send them.

People steal software product keys/licenses, online gaming accounts, pretty much anything they can, anything that costs money.  As often as not, malware isn't about theft but simply vandalism, somebody gets kicks from wrecking everyone else's tech.

https://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/security-data-protection/cyber-security/minidionis-voicem...

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/answer/How-does-the-new-voicemail-phishing-scam-work

Even if not malware/spyware, at least running scans can rule the possibility out so that the solution to this weird voicemail problem can be reached more quickly.  It could just as easily be technical problems on the voicemail-end of things, not on the user-device-end.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What does the spyware gain from calling his voicemail? Certainly something is wrong but just trying to understand 

I think your device has some kind of spyware/malware or your password has been hacked.

Download, install, and run a mobile antivirus/antimalware program.  Kaspersky, Trend, F-Secure, MalwareBytes, Avast, and AVG are all good and all offer some sort of free trial or free use period which is long enough to scan and clean your device.

If you sync your device with a computer then it should be scanned/cleaned as well.

Once you know the device is clean you should change your screen password, your device/ID password, your voicemail password, your email password, and any other passwords (to websites, social media, etc) that you've ever submitted on it.  In case they've been logged.

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Better question is what are you doing with the number for some two bit marketing company (flash based no less)?

http://abetterchannel.com/

And yes all those outgoing calls are your number, and the destination is your voicemail number.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Could be your back ground APP are running or you could just turn off your Data

@tomsychauwrote:

Cupuacu

As @KMG have already said, you should remove those numbers since this is a public forum.

That number could just be your phone calls being redirected to your voicemail which shows that you're calling that number.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is a public forum - you should remove/edit this table immediately to remove the phone numbers shown in it.

Are you sure that no one else used your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.