cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when do promotions for public mobile come out ??????

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

25 REPLIES 25

threads merged

With the top tier store locations being closed, I don't see any of the Big 3 promoting their lower tiers.  Any promotion now where you are able to activate at home only takes away from the top tiers and they want maximum profits

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hi @fdrcamb519 

There was an announcement that they are cutting staff hours due to this pandemic madness and promos attract more new customers which always brings pressure on moderator team, so it would be logical to assume that most of planned promotions will be postponed til further. I would be surprised to see one

@kelvarnsen  I would say the Canadian system in general, since there seems to be all circuits busy messages popping up at inopportune times. 

BearFBI

Yeah I thought there would be a Easter promo but it makes sense to not have any at all until COVID is over

I doubt there will be promos for the foreseeable future with the current pandemic.

Check the announcements section.  Here is a thread about how to get notifications of promos.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gblackma, just curious what system do you think is inadequate? Do you mean PM's sign up system, the Telus network or the Canadian cell phone system in general?

I searched on the word “easter” in the community to see if there were any promotions in the past. Did not find any.

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

Its a long weekend, and its Friday any promos coming our way, any one, suspects anything being released ???????? 

I agree with @gblackma ...due to the COVID epidemic in Canada and world-wide, I'd be surprised if there were any big promo's...but 'ya never know.

@fdrcamb519 looks like PM may be waiting until the current situation is over to come out with them. Don't want to place additional strain on the already inadequate system. Stay safe. 

fdrcamb519

Its a long weekend, and its Friday any promos coming our way, any one, suspects anything being released ???????? 

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

I read somewhere that public mobile when they come out with new promotions it’s usually on Fridays and for the weekend only. Could someone comment on this if it’s correct????

@fdrcamb519  I have merged this thread to the other two that were combined earlier as the questions presented are the same or almost the same. 

There aren't any members here with any information about future promotions, and even if they do have such information, they wouldn't be allowed to share it.

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

I read somewhere that public mobile when they come out with new promotions it’s usually on Fridays and for the weekend only. Could someone comment on this if it’s correct????

Not all the time.

The best thing for you to do is to keep an eye on the "announcement" section of these forums. That is promotions, contests and freebies are posted. 

Due take note that typically new promotions are for potential new subscribers not for those already members. If it is an unreal deal that will save you more money then there is one way to get said deal. You would need two sims. One new one from public mobile and one from another provider (if you wanted to keep your number) . You would have to activate an account with another provider and port your number to them. Then you would have to activate a new public mobile sim card with a new email address and port your number back. Keep in mind that PM does offer loyalty rewards as well as referral rewards and these rewards would not follow you. It would be as if you are brand new again.

If the calculations add up with all the new sims and so forth then do it. Its happened in the past "Lunar Promotion" a few months back that for some newer members doing the  port out port back process would save them more in the long run. 

At times there are contests that everyone can participate in for things like 1 gig of data, calling minutes, etc.

They gave everyone 1 gig free and 400 international calling minutes as a Christmas gift.

In general, as mentioned, when you are on the forums always look at announcement section.

fdrcamb519

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

I tell most people that if they are waiting for a promo they are wasting money by not switching.  In those months you waited for a promo your savings were probably greater than what you are paying your current provider if you had just joined up.

So you pay an extra $40- or $50 a month for 5 months to get a promo that is $10 off for 6 months.  You have wasted a lot of your money by not switching

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Black Friday through New Year's Day seems to be a reliable time to see Promotions. It may not be worth waiting that long for one though.

AE_Collector

fdrcamb519

thank you

fdrcamb519

thank you

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

does spring bring savings to public mobile ???????

Is this question basically the same as this thread you just started?  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Pioneers/when-do-promotions-for-public-mobile-come-ou...

Merged threads together

@fdrcamb519  normally, I would say yes there would be new activation promotions. But given the state of the world today. I don't know. Stay safe.

fdrcamb519

does spring bring savings to public mobile ???????

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The last promos were around Chinese New Year.  I don't think there will any promos for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19.  You can check the announcements section and also signup for notifications.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 just check Announcement section time to time. There is no specific time. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519  There is no set time. Just go to the main website and signup for announcements and you will get notified via email when they come out.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

You can buy 1 GB for $15 right now.

gig.jpg

US Roaming credit-back

Public Mobile will be crediting back the full cost of US Roaming Add-Ons as account credits.

• Eligible customers: Customers who have purchased and used any US Roaming Add-On from March 13 to April 30th, 2020. Note that usage of a US Roaming Add-On is mandatory.
  • Account credit will be applied to accounts within 7 business days of usage, beginning March 23. No action is required. Customers will receive a SMS when credit is applied.
Need Help? Let's chat.