cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happens when your total capacity data plan is used up for the month?

mench55
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

what happens when your total capacity data plan is used up for the month? I purchased a data plan with 500 MB of data so I was curious to know what happens once this 500 mb of data is used up? Is there any possibility of exceeding your capacity data? And if so would you get charged for it?

5 REPLIES 5

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM will also text you with 611 when you have used 75% and 90% of your data. Not just when you run out

kyla420
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

It is impossible for you to "go over" anything on your plan including your data. Once you've used up all your data for the month you should recieve a text message letting you know that you used up all of your data, and it will automatically turn off your data (so you CAN'T use anymore or go over) -  which means you will have to wait until the next month for your plan to renew unless you add on more data to your plan which you can do on your account.

For example,

I have 6GB of data that automatically renews each month (every 30 days). If I decided to use up all of my data for the month, it SHOULD notify me on text to let me know and then it will automatically turn off so I won't be able to use anymore data for the rest of the month unless i add on more data to my plan or I just wait until my renew date for the next month. 

In short form: You cannot go over your plan/data, it's impossible. 

Hope this helped you a little bit.

Thanks!

-Ky

Cellexcite
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Your data gets blocked until you request an add on through online or by dialing 611

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

just to expand.  when you run of your 500mb then your data simply stops working.  

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mench55 You cannot exceed your available Data since it is prepaid service. If you need more Data, you would have to buy Data add-on or renew your plan early.

Need Help? Let's chat.