cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voice mail messages

hengong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.  I am a Public mobile customer  who is  currrently abroad and will like to listen to my voice mail messages. How can I have access to my own voice mail when my phone no longer works overseas?

Thank you.

Best,

Heng Ong

11 REPLIES 11

hengong

Hi Chukdefatey,

Great ! My appreciations to you for pointing out the error.  I wll take note of that.  Thank you.

Colin

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Martin wrote:
Hello Heng,

When you call your cellphone number, wait for your outgoing greeting to commence, then press #. You will then be prompted for your phone's password by the artificial woman's voice. Once entered, you will have access to any voicemail awaiting you.

Another way to access VM is to call your regional VM number, found in your phone's settings. You will be prompted for your PM cell phone number, and then for your password. Once again, you will be able to access your messages.

Good luck!

In correct, you don't press the pound # button. You call your own number or the voice mail number and when you getting kicks in you hit the star * key then followed by your voice mail password

FYI: Pound # key works for other national cell phone service providers except for Telus, Koodo & PM

@Martin, you can reply Smiley Happy

Martin
Legend
Legend
Cyber,

Do you want to review previous posts, or do you wish me to reply?

@hengong,

I just realised that I missed a couple of messages before I post. When I replied, the system did not show me previous messages.

hengong

HI Martin,

Thank you once again for your advice.  I wlll try it out.

Heng

hengong

HI Cyber,

Thank you very much for your reply. 

I am currently overseas where I cannot have access to public mobile service. I currently have no signal on my cell phone.   Will what you suggested work if I change my sim card on my cell phone to a local one where I am located and dial international for example:  1-438-xxx xxxx (my number with public mobile)?

Heng

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello Heng,

When you call your cellphone number, wait for your outgoing greeting to commence, then press the * key. You will then be prompted for your phone's password by a woman's artificial voice. Once entered, you will have access to any voicemail awaiting you.

Another way to access VM is to call your regional VM number, found in your phone's settings. You will be prompted for your PM cell phone number, and then for your password. Once again, you will be able to access your messages.

Good luck!

@hengong,

Do you know that you can access your voicemail with your cellphone?

Just call your Public Mobile number and add 1 in front of your number.

Example : 1-514-600-1234

hengong

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for your clarification.

I will like advice as to how I can acees my voice box. I have attempted to call my number from a local phone.  When I reached my voice box, do I press # once followed by my password and then # once again in order to  gain access to my voice box?  Or is the sequence different from what I have stated?

Thank you for your attention.

Best,

Heng

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello Heng,

Unless you have your phone unlocked and then purchase a SIM allowing calls to Canada, there is no method by which you can use your phone to access voice mail.

As an alternative, can you purchase a calling card that includes Canada as one of the countries that can be called?

Good luck!
Need Help? Let's chat.