Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alvin_Jiang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Existing customers may have a promo when  they activate a new plan with PM.  To be fair, each customer gets one promo only.  Lot of issue to consider before activating another plan:

- you have to port out and port in again if you want to keep the existing phone number

- you will be starting over again for the loyalty reward

- any available fund in your account will be gone if you cancel.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Alvin_Jiang wrote:

I  don't think the offer is fair, especially for old customer like me. Can I choose to close my account now and get a new sim card? Then I can get free activation + one month free. What a beautiful plan!

How long have you been a customer?  If you want to go ahead with your plan to cancel and start an account again with the same number you would have to port out to another provider $$ forfeiting any unused portion of your plan $$, purchase a new PM sim $$, port back in and on top of that lose any of the rewards mentioned above.  I am sure you have saved more than one month of service by being with PM over your old provider already.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Life is not always fair.  I don't see the value in starting a new plan just to get a free month.  The cost of abandoning the existing account is not without cost.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Alvin_Jiang wrote:

I  don't think the offer is fair, especially for old customer like me. Can I choose to close my account now and get a new sim card? Then I can get free activation + one month free. What a beautiful plan!

Yes you can certainly do that, however, if you have any referral, loyalty or community rewards, you will lose those.  But if it makes sense financially for you to open a new account, then you should go ahead.

BTW you would also lose your tel. number.

Need Help? Let's chat.