cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unknown charges on master card from PM

ravendancer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Last month I got 4 messages on master card from Public Mobile charging me for calls.  I didn't think PM did this.  Plus I didn't make the call to or from and don't know the number, although I think it is a U.S. PM no.   Phone is:  855-478-2542.  Anyone know anything about this?

thanks

16 REPLIES 16

@ravendancer wrote:

I did sign up for the $5.00 additional Canada Wide on the date on my MC, but there are 2 entries for $5.60, not one and there are two other entries for 3.36, which I don't know what it is.  Anyway, I am in discussion with a moderator now, so hopefully the mud will clear.

thank you so much

$5.00 plus 12% taxes = $5.60

$3.00 plus 12% taxes = $3.36

Looks like you bought 2 $5.00 add ons and 2 $3.00 add ons

As mentioned open your Public Mobile transactions for a date a few days before the date on your Mastercard bill and see what it is AND check your account overview for Add ons. 

@ravendancer wrote:

There does seem to be a credit but there are also charges....hard to figure out.  What is the *611 used for.

@ravendancer  *611 Allows you the access Public Mobile IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system to get you account balance, plan renewal date, fund your account and purchase add-ons.

As mentioned previously, I hope to clear this up with the moderator, I am now in discussion with ...thank you

@ravendancer wrote:

There does seem to be a credit but there are also charges....hard to figure out.  What is the *611 used for.

As mentioned previously, I hope to clear this up with the moderator, I am now in discussion with ...thank you

Here is a thread with a diagram of the 611 system which is used for payments, buying add ons, balance and autopay.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352?lightbox-me...

@ravendancer wrote:

I'm sure you'll get it sorted out with help for moderator team. For future reference, let us know how it turns out. What was the cause ?

ravendancer

ravendancer

I did sign up for the $5.00 additional Canada Wide on the date on my MC, but there are 2 entries for $5.60, not one and there are two other entries for 3.36, which I don't know what it is.  Anyway, I am in discussion with a moderator now, so hopefully the mud will clear.

thank you so much

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ravendancer  is there a credit in your self service account for the amount charged. Somone used the 611 public mobile number and your phone number to do what? Can we see an aged payment history? Thanks.

@ravendancer wrote:

thank you for responding.   I have checked out my 'view your usage' and there is nothing on there.  So, I think it is a scam of some sort.  I am trying to get information from a moderator and hopefully that will clear things up.

@ravendancer  You need to select the Payment History link. Make sure the date range selected covers the date those charges appeared on your MC. If those charges appear in your Payment History as top-ups then what I mentioned above is what happened.

ravendancer

Yes I have auto-pay so I will have to check further to see what is happening.

ravendancer

thank you for responding.   I have checked out my 'view your usage' and there is nothing on there.  So, I think it is a scam of some sort.  I am trying to get information from a moderator and hopefully that will clear things up.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ravendancer wrote:

Last month I got 4 messages on master card from Public Mobile charging me for calls.  I didn't think PM did this.  Plus I didn't make the call to or from and don't know the number, although I think it is a U.S. PM no.   Phone is:  855-478-2542.  Anyone know anything about this?

thanks

@ravendancer  Public Mobile is strictly a prepaid service and will not charge you on your MasterCard for calls. That number in fact is the Public Mobile number so the only thing I could think of is someone called it and funded you account with those amounts using you credit card on file, (do you have AutoPay enabled with that MC on file?). Dial *611 are those amounts in your balance or even better access you selfserve account and check you payment history for the above period to see if top-ups were made into your account.

Has the MasterCard above been added to your account via selfserve to enable AutoPay?

This is another reason why PM needs to fix this asap!

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@ravendancer 

There are no charges for additional calls. Everything is prepaid so you get charged only for your plan and add ons. Can you confirm the charges by going into self service and looking at your Transaction History:

payment.jpg

@ravendancer @login to your self serve and see if you have any charges 

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That seems to be the Public Mobile phone number. Did you contact them lately over the phone? Or did they contact you?

Perhaps its not a toll-free number?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ravendancer wrote:

thanks

Thats a Public Mobile number.

PM doesn't bill you later for anything....it's a prepaid service. Did you order data or upgrade your plan ?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

customer support.jpeg

@ravendancer I suggest talking to customer support:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.