cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to call same area code

paotranq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a 337 area code and my wife (also on PM) has the same area code. However, we can not call each other. We have province wide calling and we are definitely within the province.  When we try calling, a message says we do not have a long distane add on.

Is anyone having the same situation/problem? Is there a known solution?

11 REPLIES 11

If this is the same issue as the op, you may have to msg a moderator like the op did.

Contact @Moderator_Team
It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns.

About @Moderator_Team

I you have a different specific problem, you should start your own thread for visibility.

Try to put 1 in front of your number, check if you have calling minutes left, start your own thread and then message a moderator.

@patrickletalnet  hi you can buy a 500 minute add on for 5 dollars if needed Smiley Happy

@patrickletalnet hi can you check in your self serve account under data and add ons see if you have any minutes left if none showing then thay are all used up

patrickletalnet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, i cannot call outside my area, i have the 15$/mth plan which include 100 minutes canada wide, can someone help me out with this? 

thanks 

paotranq
Yes, Shazia was able to make a temporary fix for the situation. I suggest to send her a private message so that it can get looked into.

cec69

did this get solved? I'm having the same issue

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@paotranq

Please view your private messages once you get a chance. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

paotranq

I think I may have mixed up my definitions of AREA codes and PREFIXES. Anyway, my number is 226 337 XXXX. this would be in the guelph area. The number I am trying to call is also 226 337 XXXX, which should work (at least with the way I understand it).

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@paotranq you have piqued my curiosity--I wasn't famiilar with 337, so I googled it, and it appears to be for Louisianna, in the southern United States:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_337.  

I'm curious, in what part of Canada do you live?  (You don't have to be very specific--for example, I'm in the greater Vancouver BC area).  And in fact feel free to ignore me to tell me to mind my own business.  I'm just curious.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

paotranq

PM sent

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @paotranq

I'm very sorry to hear about this, 

This shouldn't happen since you are both with the same area code and same talk plan, I will need to look into this and see what is causing this to happen. 

Can you please send me both phone numbers via private message? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.