cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer "suspended" PM number to another carrier - possible?

HHZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My PM account was suspended since yesterday, and I see the message "Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service"  in my PM account.

I guess my PM account is technically still "activiated".  Would it be possible to port and transfer this PM number to other carrier?

Just curious.

14 REPLIES 14

@kselmak wrote:

@popping 

I had no idea

So you can transfer inactive number in house?

That's nice to know

Thanks

Phone numbers from suspended (not closed) Public Mobile accounts can be ported to Koodo Mobile or Telus Mobility. The plan needs to be active to port out to anywhere else.

@popping 

I had no idea

So you can transfer inactive number in house?

That's nice to know

Thanks

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HHZ wrote:

i donot have luck to find the answer.  Human help possible?

If you want to port your PM number to a provider other than Telus group of providers, you need to reactivate your plan before you can port your number out.

If you want to port your PM number to Telus or Koodo without reactivating your account, create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

@gblackma wrote:

You have been getting human help @HHZ we are fellow PM customers like you. But do as @dabr suggests for an official PM reps reply. 

@HHZ wrote:

A mod giving different advice will be in danger of losing his/her employment with Telus. Robot surprised

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@HHZ  in order to port out out your number you account needs to be active. So you need to change plans to the cheapest $15 reactivate your account and then you have 30 days to port out the number to another provider before you account gets suspended again.

You have been getting human help @HHZ we are fellow PM customers like you. But do as @dabr suggests for an official PM reps reply. 

@HHZ wrote:

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why do you want to leave PM?  Its the best and affordable celluar provided in Canada! 😉  You can log back into the self serve and reactivate your account by adding funds.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi... 

Thats the easiest solution!

@HHZ wrote:

@HHZ Neither human, nor inhuman, help will give a better answer than the one already given immediately after your post: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/transfer-quot-suspended-quot-PM-numbe...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there!

We are here to help you with this. We are waiting your private message by clicking on this link --> https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

A moderator will be glad to help you as soon as possible. 

Cheers!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@HHZ wrote:

Try this link to submit message to moderators via SIMon: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the rest of the prompts to finish.

@HHZ   You'll need to take @Luddite's advice and follow @gblackma's suggestion if you want to port out your suspended number.

HHZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello! 

Regarding this kind of situations, the best way to solve it to contact our chatbot, SIMon here --> SIMon. He knows a lot about this!

Wish you a great day!

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HHZ wrote:

My PM account was suspended since yesterday, and I see the message "Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service"  in my PM account.

I guess my PM account is technically still "activiated".  Would it be possible to port and transfer this PM number to other carrier?

Just curious.

@HHZ 

Yes, you can still port this number to the other carrier. You will lose the number once 90days mark hits. Then you won't be able to port it.

Cheers

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Yes @HHZ but only to these 2 carriers. Telus and Koodo. For any other carriers, you have to pay and reactivate your account in order to port your number.

@HHZ wrote:

Just curious.

Need Help? Let's chat.