cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

totally screw up

roastepig
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

so i screw up apparently,

i got a chatr number try to move here, when i was activating the sim card, it ask me sn number, i put imei number because sn got letter in it so i cant put it!!, then they ask account number from chatr, i guess i have to call chatr to find out so i put my username, ok sim card activate bam paid.. next i log in phone number doesnt work duh ok so i request a new number, now i got a new telus works fine, problem is i try to port my old number again, it doesnt even exist now wtf? so what the heck am i suppose to do now???????? i try to put my old chatr sim card back in, NO SERVICE cant even register...

3 REPLIES 3

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to say getting a number back after it is released is not easy mate..... I hope Chatr or Public Mobile can get that back for you.

Good luck!! 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Since your number was still active recently, there's a good chance you will be able to get it back.
My understanding is that numbers are not immediately released back to the available pool.

As already suggested, contact PM Moderator Team. It may take up to a few days.
Meanwhile, you can call Chatr to confirm your account is closed and they no longer have your number.

For future reference, number porting is a 2 step process:

1. PM has done its part to get your number and use it at PM.

2. Then you need to wait for your old provider to release your number to PM. All calls and text messages to your number will be routed to your old provider until your number is released.

You can read here for PM FAQ on choosing your number and porting.

@roastepig wrote:

so i screw up apparently,

i got a chatr number try to move here, when i was activating the sim card, it ask me sn number, i put imei number because sn got letter in it so i cant put it!!, then they ask account number from chatr, i guess i have to call chatr to find out so i put my username, ok sim card activate bam paid.. next i log in phone number doesnt work duh ok so i request a new number, now i got a new telus works fine, problem is i try to port my old number again, it doesnt even exist now wtf? so what the heck am i suppose to do now???????? i try to put my old chatr sim card back in, NO SERVICE cant even register...

I believe what you did was changed your phone number after the phone number transfer was complete.  This is indicated by the fact that the Chatr service stopped working - which is exactly what is supposed to happen.   The only thing you can possibly do is ask Public Mobile is if the number is still in their posession or in Chatr's. 

To contact Public Mobile, you need to send a private message to Public Mobile's moderators through this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To contact Chatr, you can call 514-734-7232.

I'm sure that Public Mobile or Chatr (depending on who has the number now) will try, but there's no guarantee.  By changing your phone number, you actally gave up your rights to that phone number.  Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.