cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the phone number they gave me it already used by someone else . she is getting all the calls !!!

lothyya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there, I got my new number 2 weeks ago and I realize that it a shared number with someone else. This person told me she have this number for 10 years now!!! I am not getting calls only SMSs and she is not getting SMSs only calls.

I don ' t know where to go to resolve this matter as I am sick at home and can ' t go to one of their shop. No customer service to call for help. 

any advise?

Regards

8 REPLIES 8

@gblackma wrote:

@computergeek541 could you please clarify your post for me? Are you saying that your number that you had with another carrier, was already assigned to someone at Telus when you tried to port it in? Thanks.

Telus was the original carrier of that number. Telus managed to assign my phone number by mistake to someone else (a new customer of theirs) years ago. This was even though I had the number for years.  That part isn't related to Public Mobile as that was back before Public Mobile even existed.  The way that Telus/Koodo/Public sometimes assigns a phone number that is already in use is a specialty of theirs and a long standing bug that still randomly (but rarely) occurs.

@computergeek541 could you please clarify your post for me? Are you saying that your number that you had with another carrier, was already assigned to someone at Telus when you tried to port it in? Thanks.

@lothyya wrote:

Hello there, I got my new number 2 weeks ago and I realize that it a shared number with someone else. This person told me she have this number for 10 years now!!! I am not getting calls only SMSs and she is not getting SMSs only calls.

I don ' t know where to go to resolve this matter as I am sick at home and can ' t go to one of their shop. No customer service to call for help. 

any advise?

Regards

Don't worry about travelling to a retail store. They won't/shouldn't be helping your with account issues either way.

This actually happened to me where Telus assigned my phone number to someone else (before Public Mobile even existed). When this happens, the cusotmer who already had the phone number will keep it.  The phone number change option mentioend is your only option as you won't be able to keep this phone number.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@lothyya wrote:

any advise?

Regards

As the number you got is already in use, please follow suggestions to select a new number.

Change Your Phone Number

To change your phone number: sign in to Self-Serve, select ‘Change Number' under 'My Profile' on the Overview page. Here, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider. Note that you can change your phone number once every 30 days after you’ve activated.

To avoid having another person repeat the same issue, would you kindly inform Moderators of the phone number and let them know that it is already assigned and should be removed from the pool of available numbers.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lothyya  Sometimes numbers incorrectly get assigned into the available numbers pool. Just access your selfserve account and select the change phone number option to select a new number.

If you are still having difficulties then contact PM.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@lothyya, sorry to hear that you are unwell. If you forgot your password and cannot log in as @GR suggests try the forgot password link . If this fails and you need to contact a moderator as @mimmo suggested. The steps are - Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can change number every 30 days. If that fails submit a ticket to the mods using the green question mark. Type change phone number or  contact moderator and the  steps till you can find the submit ticket form.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@lothyya can you login to your self serve account and click on change number and pick a new number?   

Need Help? Let's chat.