cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

texting sent not received by other party

DJN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

texting sent not received by other party until the next day, and all at once. Why does that happen?

11 REPLIES 11

@GinYVR wrote:
@ChuckYeahNo all iMessages with the same iCloud account should get the messages at the same time as long as there is network (wifi / cellular ) coverage.

Sure, but what if the phone has data turned off or has no data? Anyway, we don't know if an iphone is involved yet. Just a theory from past experience of an Android user in an otherwise iphone family.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@DJN What system are you using? just regular texting? What phones are both party using? What network are the other party using? We don't have access to the system logs so you have to elaborate to help us see what is happening.

@ChuckYeah No all iMessages with the same iCloud account should get the messages at the same time as long as there is network (wifi / cellular ) coverage.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

No she would get it eventually, but rarely immediately.

Your message made me think of one more thing. She also has an Ipad at home that might have been intercepting the messages. Not sure if that's a possibility?

No she would get it eventually, but rarely immediately.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

My wife had this problem with Telus on an Ipnone. I always blamed it on imessage and its ability to "Send as Text Message." If she didn't right click and say "Send as Text Message" it would not go. It was mostly happening when she sent something to me, and I have an Android, therefore no imessage.

If you have unlimited text you can try to set that user as always send by SMS. I can get you the steps if you think that might be it.

In your wife's case was it  not sent at all or just delayed for almost a day like in op's case?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

My wife had this problem with Telus on an Ipnone. I always blamed it on imessage and its ability to "Send as Text Message." If she didn't right click and say "Send as Text Message" it would not go. It was mostly happening when she sent something to me, and I have an Android, therefore no imessage.

If you have unlimited text you can try to set that user as always send by SMS. I can get you the steps if you think that might be it.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DJN 

Could be network congestion, or possibly a weak signal...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It could be an issue with the receiver's provider.  Who do they use ?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Do they receive from other numbers on time?

I had that problem with freedom mobile and would receive batch of text simultaneously.

Also what is the status of your sms is it sent? Can you see when it was sent and received? Could it be mms that you set when your data was not turned on and then got sent when you turned on your data?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@DJN  you may possibly be stuck in a time space continuum Smiley LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.