cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text saying I've used 75% of my data

squiresdenise13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my plan on Saturday from 250 MB to 1 GB.  I received a text today saying I have used 75% of my data already but I haven't even used 250 MB.  Can someone direct me on what I should do?

11 REPLIES 11

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@squiresdenise13 

Your phone can be set to match the start date of your billing cycle of your Public Mobile account. Make sure these dates are in line, so that if your phone is set to prompt you of any warning limits it will be much more accurate than if your dates are not matching.

Mine is found under: Settings\Network\Mobile data, and looks like this:

DATA on phone and setting same as PM dates

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

I used to get texts like this when I was with Koodo. They were always in error as I never used data to the extent that a warning was needed. I called numerous times after checking my account to ensure I wasn't using that much data. They never could explain what was happening and eventually they just told me to ignore the message lol.

Seren
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I get these texts often, and I often have no idea what I use the data on.  Then some months, I DO use a lot of data, and nothing.  

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@squiresdenise13 ,

Check and close any applications/windows that are open they suck up a lot of data.

Eliza5

Atlantis7

When changing the plan did you by chance click on plan change on next renewal date? Check that through self serve.

Cheers.

TigerKing

It’s also important to check every so often to make sure you are connected to wifi. I’ve made that mistake more then twice...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@squiresdenise13 to see your correct usage in your self service account.  Check the overview history to see what you have left. Thats normally the correct amount. If you find that you havent used 75%, then it may be an errant message. Stay safe 

@squiresdenise13 

The data tracker is usually fairly accurate.

Screen shot your data counter in the Data add on section in your overview page in the self service account. Like below

Pasted Graphic.png

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

First, check your usage on self-serve. If it still shows you've used up 75% of your data, check your phone's data usage stats. Is there an app that has been sucking up your data? If not, contact a Moderator for more help.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@squiresdenise13 you can login to your self serve to confirm that you have actually used that much data. check your data usage on the phone to see which app was using data. 

Need Help? Let's chat.