Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: text msgs not sending / Emergency calls only

@HL1979 

Thank you for the update.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@z10user4 

I bought the phone and have receipt, original box and the phone itself. 

The account would have been in her name with Telus, I had asked to transfer the number but she wouldnt.  I did not realize it would have been tied to the phone IMEI# though and that it could be blacklisted.....I thought it would have all been tied only to SIM card.   

For anyone else this reads this post

There was NO problem with Public Mobile or the Public Mobile SIM card or service

Strictly a hardward issue on my end. 

The community here, service and moderators.....TOP NOTCH!  KUDOS

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HL1979  You need a phone in the meantime but I wouldn't give up on it yet. Seeing as it wasn't a device tied to a contract with telus and you have proof of ownership you still have a case with telus. They have no interest in participating in a fraud created by your ex. Have them open an investigation into the blacklisting of the phone. She has falsely misrepresented the status of the phone. 1. She is not the owner of the phone. 2. It is not lost or stolen. 3. She was aware of both of these facts when she had it blacklisted. Only deal with telus in this situation (dont contact the ex) but telling them you are willing to open a police investigation into the matter might hurry the case along and your ability to easily prove ownership should be enough for telus to remove it from the list.

Age is just a number....why must a woman be younger than you? Unless you want children. She's 5 years older than you, attractive, athletic (She runs, hikes, swims, kayaks and dragonboats.) Successful in her career (a very new growth industry) owns her own home and gets to travel around the world....but meh...if she has to be under 40......

@darlicious 

Wow you seem really intelligent and knowledgeable.  I did not even think of that but may pursue that avenue with Telus.  One more story on my way to Maury! haha I hate the idea of having to get rid of a perfectly good phone just to buy another.  

You are absolutely correct...age means nothing,  and I shouldn't make generalizations.  Just need somebody to have a connection with and is active enough to keep up to me and the kids.  She sounds dreamy!!!

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Take out you SIM card, restart and put your son card back in. If it doesn't register. Power off and back on. Hope it works for you.

ShadiyaO

@darlicious 

Just and FYI......I phoned Telus and despite having the receipt, shipping order, payment with my credit card, original box and the phone itself they say the phone was linked through the SIM card to the ex's account and the device and they will keep the IMEI blacklisted.  They told me to contact the police or deal with it in a civil court.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HL1979  Geez they're playing the hardline with you. Assuming that you remain in contact with the ex for obvious reasons? Maybe at first an inquisitive call to your local detachment for their opinion on the matter. Then a call to your legal representative and/or a talk with the ex? Or just get a new phone and in a couple of years when they're old enough one of the kids get an almost new phone for xmas and the ex can go about getting it unblacklisted and explaining how she "found" it.